“Nice way to spend a cold winter’s day”

Pig & Whistle Tavern
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Olinda
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tip, book a table. Really enjoyed the mulled wine. Food was excellent, very big serves so suggest having a entree size. Staff were friendly. All in all a lovely way to stay warm on a cold winter’s day.

1  Thank Suzyqmelb

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is probably my go-to when it comes to pubs/bars/restaurants in Olinda during the summer. On a nice day, you can sit outside and order delicious platters to accompany your drinks. Good value for money. It's a very relaxed environment, and the inside is cosy for those colder days.

2  Thank Madeleine R
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

This cosy pub located just outside of the township of Mt Dandenong is well worth skipping the flashier food options in Olinda etc for. The menu is classic English pub - with generous portions and reasonably priced. The beer offerings feature a lot of English classics as well as local options. Currently they are featuring a mulled wine and cider which are delicious in the cold mountain air.

For families, there’s a playground and the dining area is kid friendly. I’d recommend booking on the weekends to get that perfect spot near the fireplace.

4  Thank snuff82Melbourne
Reviewed 11 June 2018

My partner and I visited here for the first time today. We were seated near an open fire, and were given so much personalised attention even though it was extremely busy being a public holiday.
The meals were so delicious and fresh, and were huge portion sizes. The staff were smiling and consistent in their jobs.
We have decided to return next weekend. Thank you Pig & Whistle for making our day.

2  Thank Adam M
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The Pig and Whistle Tavern in Olinda never fails to disappoint. My husband took me there for dinner on a night away and once again it lived up to expectations.
My husband had the pork belly served on mashed potatoes with a jus sauce which he was very happy with, and I had the pork ribs for something different (I’ve never ordered ribs before when out) and they were amazing!
Fell off the bone, they came with beans and sour cream and steak chips.
Both meals were huge and we struggled to get through it all!
We finished it off with a lemon meringue pie which we shared...once again a huge serving, easily feeds 2.
On our departure we were both offered brandy snaps in a little chocolate cup, lovely way to finish off our night out.
Can’t wait to come back again

2  Thank VicGra