“An embarrassing experience”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Newly Opened
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I came here by myself, and was offered three remaining tables to sit at. I chose a larger table as the other two were close to the door on a very cold day. I ate my fairly average meal of a sausage roll and salad.i was perusing the menu to choose a dinner for that evening when a family of 4 arrived. The pleasant waitress informed me that the owner needed me to move for the family. The family and I both stated that we were happy to share the table. The owner called from the other side of the room in a gratingly loud voice that I had to move. I was embarrassed, as were the family and other diners. I quietly paid the bill and left...I will not return again even though we have a beach house nearby. Memo to owner... If you want return customers, treat people with respect. Memo to owner...table sharing is common in cafes in Melbourne and elsewhere.

1  Thank Lovetotravel3130

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Called in for a hot drink and we were offered a $10 deal with scones cream and jam. They were delicious and a very good deal. Home made jam we were told. Friendly management

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch, and were not disappointed.
They were so friendly, the food is to die for.
My partner had carrot soup with a freshly bake roll, and I had Halloumi
Fritters with a delicious salad.
You need to make the effort to visit this beautiful place .
It is open for breakfast and lunch -Wednesday - Saturday .
Thank you delicious .

1  Thank Jillie44
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast here as it was a five minute stroll from our accommodation. Our dog was welcome out in the courtyard which was nice and the atmosphere was really cozy and friendly. We ordered pancakes with maple syrup and fruit, bacon and eggs, a muffin and coffee and it cost $75 which I thought was expensive for what we got. The food was yummy but I've had more plentiful servings at my local for half that price. Food and coffee was hot and staff very friendly. They must rely on tourists as I doubt locals can afford to go there on a regular basis!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped here by chance as we had never been to Port Albert. Pleasantly surprised by town and cafe. Staff were efficient and friendly. Service was quick and the meal was great. Hubby had a salad with his meal that he thought was the best he had ever had. Meal was so tasty and coffee that followed was also great. Went to pay at register which was a mistake as the cakes and slices are displayed here and they were amazing. On a diet so could not try but boy did they look good. Would come back again.