“Cake, coffee and detox”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Newly Opened
Reviewed 21 May 2018

I dropped into Port Albert on a Saturday morning. The more famous eateries were not yet open and I needed light refreshment dropped into the Port Albert Cafe & Wine Bar with a colleague. The coffee was excellent. They really know how to do a strong black coffee. The lemon tart was refreshing -- quite good, in fact. My colleague thoroughly enjoyed a large slice of carrot cake. Just for fun, I tried the "detox" fruit juice which was actually pleasant -- acidic but damned nice. For a place in such an isolated location, they can hold their heads high at the Port Albert Cafe. Good food and damned nice people doing the food preparation and serving.

Disregard any negative reviews from people who ate dim sims and potato cakes at this establishment. Such people should not be writing restaurant reviews.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I was extremely disappointed with my dim sim potatoe cakes and chips. They were all deep dark brown and tasted like them emptied the whole salt shaker was poured until it was emptied. The seagulls loved them. What a waste of money

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This is a fabulous gem, located in an out-of-the-way seaside location. The host, Kim, is vivacious and her cooking is amazing. We dropped in for a late afternoon vino or two (local wines), and enjoyed it immensely. We then returned the next day for breakfast (Tortilla for moi, eggs Benedict for her, coffee for both), and all was delicious and beautifully presented. The tossed spinach, panned fried field mushrooms and relish that accompanied the tortilla were to-die-for! very highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We only had a cup of tea but had wished we were there later of we had not had breakfast as all the cakes are baked onsite. The pot of tea and service was good and we look forward to going back to enjoy at lease a cake.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

The staff here are as personable as a post. My friend ordered her coffee in a most unusual way, I could feel the waitress laughing inside, especially when she gave me the"she's weird" look.
Nice cake and coffee, but I felt so uncomfortable I will never go back.
It takes all types to make a world, and if you can't laugh/smile about something like that, you should stay home in bed.

What a boring place.