All reviews heritage room the pub calamari port phillip bay breakfast was included garden room the main street great night car space two night stay hotel guests ground floor fantastic location king bed old world charm stayed one night late check
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a Heritage room and it was beautiful!! But above all the staff are absolutely amazing! Especially Sharren in housekeeping (I hope you see this Sharren! You were so lovely to us and we really appreciate it). I am on dialysis and everyone was so understanding and were more than happy to help me lift the heavy boxes I have to bring with me up to the room.
The only thing the hotel would benefit from is room service. We really would have loved to be able to sit on our balcony and enjoy a platter and a bottle of wine! But everything else was absolutely spot on! Thanks again to all of the wonderful staff who made our stay so fantastic!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Missem1604
Reviewed 26 January 2018

I arrived on a tuesday afternoon. I'd booked my room earlier that day over the phone. Reception staff that I spoke to were lovely and polite and very accommodating.
I booked a king bed room, unfortunately when I arrived there were two single beds in the room. I told reception and they offered me another room but the room wasn't as cosy so I stayed in the original room with the promise of the beds being rectified the next day. I accepted it because I was on my own, It would have been very disappointing if I wasn't. The room was nicely decorated, modern and clean. The single beds were uncomfortable. Excellent TV in the room with foxtel and complimentary wifi which worked intermittently. I didn't use it much which was fine. The staff in the bar could have been a bit more attentive and offered more service. I had to get up about ten times to go over to the bar just to get their attention. There was no table service at all.
Food was good.
It was very noisy outside my room in the morning so I understood why they provided me with ear plugs in my bathroom.
When I was checking in a gentleman was at reception asking for a room for the night. He asked what the price was and was told $160, I had just booked a few hours earlier and was told $190. That was a bit annoying. I asked about it and at first the receptionist wasn't sure what to say but then she said that it was because I had booked earlier and the later in the day you booked the cheaper it was. I didn't really buy that. Anyway, all in all it was a good stay. Great location. Right in the heart of Sorrento. I would definitely stay there again.
The room was clean and spacious with a nice sized bathroom.

Room tip: I had a garden view room which was really a car park view. I didn't really care though.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Cosmetically the room appeared to be lovely but the bed was broken, the safe was broken and despite paying for the dearest room no car space was allocated for this room - only the cheaper rooms had car space. It took 2 days before someone came to look at the broken safe. No offer of any form of compensation was provided and nothing was fixed. Do not book during peak season.

Room tip: If you have a car do not book a Heritage room.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gailwo
Reviewed 9 January 2018

11 of us came for dinner, a mix of adults + kids. The time from ordering to receivinge our meals was excellent - 15 mins? Food lovely. Lost of seating options - indoor, outdoor, private alcove, rooms ... Staff lovely - polite, respectful ... Even came out looking for us in car park to return a handbag left under the table !! Thank you.

Room tip: We did not 'stay' in the hotel - just came for dinner.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here I have been reading ratings on line of 2 to 3 for the meals ?
I have to say we had a great meal here and would rate the meals 5 out of 5 .
Great lunch and will definitely be back .
As you can see the seafood platter is amazing and totally recommend it

Trip type: Travelled with family