“Takeaway Lunch”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Woodend
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Friendly Service, Nice Runny Pies, Nice Vegetarioan Pasties, Ample car parking at Back, Great selection of Cakes, Could of easily sat in the sit down area and ate our lunch.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

The meat pies are tasty as they had a particularly lighter pastry so less heavy in fat /butter. Apparently their spinach n ricotta pastie is good too so l think they do this stuff well. We also had a ham and salad roll which was standard fare and nothing to write home about nor complain about.

However, the chicken in the chicken schnitzel roll was way too dry and costly given the lack of any substantial filling.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

While travelling the Calder Freeway, we decided to stop off at Woonend for a quick little lunch. We found this bakery that appears to be crowded (a good sign) so we stopped and decided to come in.

It was certainly crowded and you had to take a number before you can order... I'm fine with that procedure for ordering however I looked sround for a table and chair to rest the arthritic leg. I found a few empty tabled however they are cramed with cups, plated, paper bags, sauce packets etc. That I was not at all happy. I had to place the items to another table and wiped the table myself so my family can eat off it. It took quite a while for an attendant to clean the other table.

The food was old fashioned country cooking and it taste great. The family shared a pie, pasty and some sausage rolls and all of them were simply wonderful. Very rarely do I leave feeling satisfied not just stuffed.

I would have given this a five out of five but the cleaniness to me was the real turn off which reduced it to three. Such a simple job for someone to glance over and get a junior to clean the tables etc.

We purchased some vanilla slices take away and we simply enjoyed them later that evening back at home after dinner.

I still would reccommend prople to go there because of the taste of the pies and pasties as they are well worth it.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I love an old fashioned village bake house. I have only been to this 3 times over 2 years but this place is always busy and their standard baked goods of pies, rolls, cakes and pastries are really good. As a Kiwi I know our pies are better but these ones are definitely good. 4 kids and 1 adult chose the standard meat pie and 1 kids choose a sausage roll. I got a chilli and meat pie and it was delicious followed by a custard tart - yum. The children all got milkshakes which got big thumbs up.
If you are around thus area I highly recommend this bake house and the coffee is ok too

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Its got loads of cakes and sweets to choose from. The obligatory pies, pasties and sausage rolls. Some salad rolls made to order and already made. A warmer with hotdogs, snitzels and roast meat for rolls.
Everything I have tried from here has been nice.
Negs - Quite a few of the pies I wanted were unavailable which sucks as they sounded good. Eg, pulled pork.
Pie I did get was a little soft and delicate. Could be crisped up a tad longer to give it some structure.
Staff seem pleasant enough.
Best part is free wifi for those passing through town.