See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Check in is from 2pm, and we arrived just before 2.30pm to an unattended Reception area. There is a buzzer out the front - that is the first time we've ever seen that. We pressed the buzzer 3 times over 10 minutes, as well as opening the unlocked Reception door and finding no one in sight. We were about to give up and go for a drive when a harassed looking woman who did not speak English very well came up. We think she was the cleaner. We had to say our name 6 times before we could "check in" - which consisted of being given some water and gestured towards the Romance Room - which is right next to Reception, with the key already in the door.

The room was nice, however the cleanliness was an issue - there were spiderwebs all over the walls of the bathroom, with a dead fly caught in one of the ones in the window, and 3 resident small spiders living in them. The property operates on bore water, which means when you have a spa the water is a rusty brown colour and a bit unappealing/lacking in romance...

When we came back from dinner at around 7.30pm, we had to get the wifi password due to our lacking check in experience where we were not given these details (and mobile coverage is patchy at best) so we pressed the Reception buzzer again. I could see the outline of someone through the window pane in the door, and a man in his 50's came out carrying his dinner plate - and a nice looking handmade burger, in his hand. We asked for the wifi password and he looked stunned, then asked "Yes, what is the password!?!" He looked absolutely unsure what to do for about 30 really awkward seconds (with burger still in his hand) and then triumphantly declared, "Yes, I have a card!" and found a business card with the details on it. He proudly told us it was good wifi (still with burger in his hand).

We stayed in for the rest of the night, then the breakfast the next morning was decidedly lacking. All in all, if you want a slightly Fawlty Towers like stay, stay here. If you want actual service and value for money, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole A
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

What a disappointing experience in a property that has much potential. I wish we had read the reviews before booking. We had a good laugh when we read the other comments as that was pretty much our experience. This place gives B&B's a bad name. Absolutely zero service, although I suspect the elusive owner was sitting at the breakfast table as we tried to check out and couldn't be bothered to answer the call.
The air conditioner in our first room the fan was broken. The remotes for everything needed batteries, the Internet did not work, breakfast was basic really disappointing for the price. Over charged and under serviced!

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Kaylene G
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Upon arrival our first impressions was this would be the perfect getaway in what looked a relaxed setting. The reception area was unattended. We were finally greeted by a cleaner (who was new) who told us she didn't know what we should do to check in. We then found the buzzer and spoke to Tony (who we never meet) who told us to wait few minutes. The cleaner then returned to check us in, but advised us the room was not ready despite it being 30mins past check in. When we were shown to our room we were then advised that the pillows needed cases and a second towel had to be provided. I returned to my car to collect our bags and was then approached by the cleaner who asked me if I could put the cases on the pillows. Then I was handed 3 hand towels and told they did it have a second towel and to use what I was given. Obviously I insisted a towel be brought to our room. 20 minutes later a towel was provided and I was told it was taken out of another room. Water was not provided in our room. Our walk around the gardens were pleasant but it is obvious this place requires a lot more attention. Whilst sitting around the pool on a windy day the unsecured umbrella fell and luckily we caught it on the way down. The room we stayed In was nicely placed and provides ultimate privacy but parts looked tired and not maintained. The breakfast was quite dissatisfying. With a bit more care, passion and attention this could be anything.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas C
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Overnight stay in the Yarra Valley in this pretty B&B. When we tried to check in no-one seemed to be around, so we had to go away and come back later. The room we had reserved had issues with no water, thus we had to move to another room after our dinner late at night. Whilst this was not the owners fault, there was no apology offered. The breakfast was continental, which was fine, but the pot of filter coffee was cold and the fruit was not very exciting. Everything just really needed a bit more attention to detail.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We were given the wrong directions to the property and after ringing several times we finally arrived to find that they had no power and he did not explain this at any stage that this was the case and had plenty of opportunity to do so from our calls. I realized after meeting him that he had been drinking and was very rude and abusive. He should have been more professional and explained to us the power situation due to a terrible storm. After seeing only power leads running to the bedroom we decided to leave. I then found out he had already charged my credit card 50% of the booking well before our arrival.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor an go somewhere esle
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends