“Delicious BBQ”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #31 of 2,217 Restaurants in Nashville
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Staff as soon as you walk in greet you and explain how the a la carte menu works. Place your order at the counter and they will call you up once its ready, ours was ready within minutes. Pulled pork was delicious. As was the mac & cheese and corn bread. Portions were filling for me. I wasn't crazy about the sauces but thought it was neat that they had different sauces for the different types of BBQ cities. Sweet tea was average, not as "southern" sweet as I prefer it. Overall great BBQ joint and not what you would expect from a BBQ place in a mall.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

2 meat plate with 2 sides - brisket and pulled pork. Lots of different sauces and great atmosphere! Green beans were very good. Try the Alabama sauce!

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Mission BBQ reenforces the fact that good food does not need any sauce. Their sauce helps you come to that conclusion. The meats there are smoked really good and you get A LOT for your money. Definitely come hungry.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Best quality of barbecue anywhere. Cooked perfectly and tender with very little fat. The mac & cheese is average but the baked beans are very good. Unfortunately, that is where the party ends.
Tried all the sauces to boost the flavor in the direction I like. My favorite is Interstate BBQ in Memphis. Anyway, the sauces are cheaper imitations of store bought stuff.
Next time I would bring my own store-bought sauce. Perhaps Stubs Original or even Sweet Baby Rays would be an improvement.
My biggest gripe is no wet towelettes to get rid of sticky fingers before shopping!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Hey Y'all.. Miss Peggy and I took this afternoon to check out a very cool BBQ Joint right at Opry Mills Mall adjacent to
The Grand Ole Opry..

And if you are a Vet, Cop, Fireman, First Responder, Fire Ranger type critter. You're gonna love this place.
Even if you're not, the food is so good you'll love it.
First off....Check the parking... (of course I used it...lol)

It's called "Mission BBQ".. And it's pushing "Martin's" from the top spot of BBQ in Nashville for this Farm Dog and his Lady..

Get this.. at High Noon.. Everyday... They turn off the TV's and Normal background music and play "The National Anthem". Yeah!

The very first one, and there are 4 in Tennessee, was opened on Sept 11th 2011.
Yeah!

Every year they give collected funds set aside and give it back to the Professional Associations for each Profession or Responder.. Last year they spread out 2.4 Million across each department.
Wow.

And the decorations are all donated from each department or military branch.. it's a fantastic and a really some American Pride. And get some Damn Good BBQ.s
Wow..

Check out the Ribs I got and the Brisket Miss Peggy dove into.
And Peach Cobbler?????
Are you kidding me..
(Check the name.. had to bring some home...lol)

Well, we loved the place.. You can get Ice Cold bottles of Original Pepsi, Grape NeHi, and Original Coke..In an Ice Tub...

I went for the Pepsi.. Haven't had one of those since I worked at Safeway in Jackson, Ca. circa (1976) Let me tell ya, It was damn good too.. Perfect with afternoon/early dinner BBQ.

Well, anyway.. I've talked enough.. check out the pictures and you're gonna be hungry...lol.. Put it on your list to visit and check out. Next time to the area of town or when you come to town.

On a side note. I plan on taking in a picture of the USS Gurnard SSN-662 for the wall.
The waitress told me all the pics and arm patched etc are brought in by Vets and the Services, and they hang them up.. It would be cool to know that Boat, now decommissioned, would be able to represent. I did find the USS Tennessee already hanging on the wall. It's a Boomer Nuclear Submarine.
Plus I'll be able to point to it every time we visit.
And we will visit again, you can count on it.

By the way.. We ate and had take home and spent $40..
Ha.. A cheap date.