“One of the best....”

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,178 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$45 - US$125
Description: Opening in June 2016!
Description: Opening in June 2016!
Reviewed 26 May 2017

We stopped into The Ruby Steakhouse for a late dinner. To start, the music was amazing for just a Thursday night... just a nice ensemble of jazz and Motown smooth listening. Many people dancing and having fun right there near the bar. So much fun to watch! Our Hostess, Hannah was just so sweet and grabbed us cocktails and floated around the restaurant like an angel. We started with the oysters Rockefeller which were absolutely off the charts delicious... what an unexpected treat. My wife chose a lovely bottle of Oregon Pinot Noir that came from the massive wine list. When it came time for steak, my son and I went with the NY strip which was delicious and cooked to perfection. Sides were in perfect order and we threw down some creme brûlée for dessert.

I have never heard of Jeff Ruby before tonight, probably because we are from the Denver area, but this place has beautiful service and old school luxury that competes at top steakhouse levels. Add in the exceptional music and classy furnishings and this adds up to one of the top steakhouse dinners I have ever had.

Kudos to the band, Hannah and the staff- I will definitely be back when I come to Nashville!

1  Thank Matthew C

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We had a lovely dinner at Jeff Ruby's...a wonderful art deco restaurant that feels "special" to go to. Our waiter was new and stumbled quite a bit in his delivery, but he was working hard and I am sure will improve. I wasn't a fan of some of the items we tried this time, but it is probably just my own preference. The iceberg wedge continues to be one of my favorites along with the Raspberry Mule. They were nice to bring us a complimentary cheesecake for our anniversary. We always love listening to the piano and this time got the added bonus of watching the Preds play while we ate. One of our favorite spots in Nashville.

2  Thank Writerwife
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Came here a few weeks ago to get a steak with my friends! The food was great and the music was okay. The service was very good and all the servers were very kind! Would love to hear some more jazz here.

Overall, great experience!

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

The steak at Jeff Ruby's is very good. In fact, all the food was excellent. The service was good as well. However, this isn't the place for me. The decor is exceedingly gaudy and it's loud. If you're into the see & be seen scene then this is a good spot for you. If you just want a good steak in a low-key, but elegant setting, try Kayne Prime.

1  Thank Kcjmiddle
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Our dinner here was outstanding! The waiter, Kevin, was really personable and wonderful, and the food and drinks were excellent - especially the steaks.