6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$459
PricelineUS$459
Hotels.comUS$413
Preferred HotelsUS$459
Trip.comUS$512
FindHotelUS$413
1,982 results
All reviews oak bar capitol grille historic hotel turn down service soaking tub men's bathroom separate shower five star hotel beautiful lobby room service rooms are spacious downtown nashville wonderful hotel valet parking ryman auditorium few blocks the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I’m here in the states temporarily from India working on a project with my US member
firm Deloitte. This is my first time coming to Nashville and I really like the city. I took a tour of the city and the tour guide
indicated this was the only 5-star rated hotel in the city and simply the best, so I am excited to have the opportunity to
eat at the Capital Grill this evening with my colleagues. I came to the hotel early for a quick drink before meeting them.
Being not only new to the city, but new to the states, I was overwhelmed with the hospitality that greeted me upon my
arrival. The “south” from what I have come to understand is generally a very friendly culture, but the people I met just
outside the hotel and then once I entered the hotel were not only friendly, but also very professional and ready to serve
by assisting me in finding the bar and then ensuring me where I needed to meet my colleagues later for dinner. I see
why this is “simply the best” and based on my experience, I would concur. Well done. Look forward to staying here on
my next visit.
Until then,
Himanshu Lohani

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank HIMANSHUL3
Maggie M, Director of Sales at The Hermitage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Good morning Mr. Lohani,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your review. We are honored to hear just how much you enjoyed your visit during your time in Nashville while meeting your colleague from Deloitte. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your dinner and your experience while dining at The Capitol Grille and we would be delighted to have you stay at The Hermitage Hotel on your next trip into Nashville!

Feel free to contact me directly to reserve your future reservation at mmoran@thehermitagehotel.com. Looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

First off, let me start by saying that this hotel is absolutely beautiful. It has a very elegant and ornate look to it, that fits the hotel. When we first drove up, the valet came directly and took out our bags for the bellhop to take to our room. The man that greeted us at the front door was very friendly, he showed us around the lobby and told us where the bar and restaurant were located and where we can find the concierge and the front desk. Check in was a breeze. Jane was very friendly and helped us find a place to eat for dinner (though we ended up not going there because we had just come from that area by foot and did not want to go back again). We ended up in the hotel bar, The Oak Bar, and ordered some small plates to hold us over until breakfast (the restaurant was closed). The service was pleasant, our food came rather quickly, and it was delicious. We did not have any issues during our stay at the Hermitage.

When I originally reserved the hotel for our visit, I did reserve a King, but I only received the two-queen room, so that was disappointing, but didn't warrant a complaint. It all turned out great anyway.

Room tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good morning Ms. C

Thank you for taking time to offer such a wonderful review. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at The Hermitage Hotel. It was our pleasure to have served you from the moment you were greeted at the front doors to the time you left. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Nashville very soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

This well located hotel is first class in almost every way. The staff is genuinely friendly and informed, from the first greeting by the doorman to housekeeping.
The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed - robes/slippers, Nespresso, fabulous Frette sheets/towels and a seriously wonderful bed. Molton Brown products, TV in the bathroom mirror...and an awesome shower and separate deep bathtub. My only disappointment was in the small (albeit cool), crowded bar and that coffee at breakfast is $15 per pot (French press). Love the history of this hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Good morning Ma'am,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are honored that you stayed here at The Hermitage Hotel and that you enjoyed all of our Luxurious amenities offered to all of our guests while staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

This is a spectacularly beautiful masterpiece, as elegant, sumptuous and reeking of old world and southern charm as any hotel in which I have stayed anywhere in the world and I have stayed in 5 star hotels in Asia, Europe and South America. The service is impeccable. The rooms are truly beautifully furnished and spacious. The bathrooms are lovely and functional. It doesn’t get better, only different elsewhere.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good morning Sir

Thank you for your review. We are honored that you chose to stay here at The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville and that you enjoyed all that our Historic and charming Hotel has to offer. We hope to see you again on your next visit very soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Very disappointed with our stay with what is supposed to be a great hotel. Wonderful lobby and great people at the front desk is the good news. We have many examples of problems like having to wait over an hour for room service breakfast. At another room service breakfast they did not bring all the food, no salt or pepper, no water that we had asked for, etc. Back to the lobby, we were having a family get together and were meeting in the lobby. Before everyone arrived we were asked to leave the lobby due to a wedding. What, we can not wait in the lobby! We went to the restaurant and found once again extremely slow kitchen and disorganization. There is more issues that I will not get into. All of this impacted our enjoyment of our visit to Nashville.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jazzam
Maggie M, Director of Sales at The Hermitage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Good morning

Thank you for sharing your experience and I would very much appreciate the opportunity to further discuss your visit. If you would, please contact me at guestrelations@thehermitagehotel.com. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again.

Warm Regards,