“Birthday Celebration”

Sat, 17/04
20:00
Ranked #162 of 2,316 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Marsh House is a southern seafood restaurant located in the heart of Nashville's Gulch neighborhood.
Reviewed 8 March 2021

Great teamwork and superb service. I had made reservations the night before and was greeted with a temperature check(mandatory). Immediately our waitress Lauren took the drinks orders and recommended the main dishes. The flounder was by far the best selection, the rest of the group had Gnocci and shrimp accompanied by couscous. Bill was pricey, but taxes on drinks in Nashville are 25%.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (192)

Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Absolutely Unbelievably GREAT - Ellen is the sweetest, most knowledgeable server, ever!! I am a very, VERY finicky eater - and I am not ‘adventurous’ at all. I was a bit apprehensive about the menu at Marsh House, but my hubbie was so excited to eat here (it had been recommended to us by locals). I enjoyed the tempura appetizer and I do mean, ENJOYED, it...like every bite! For an entree, I had the eggplant, which our wonderful Ellen made sure to have Chef make ‘extra saucy’ for me...The eggplant was sooo tender and amazing - it was like eating the finest piece of filet mignon.... I described it as having the texture/consistency of main mean cotton candy!...Light as air and just amazing - bursting with flavors... Hubbie enjoyed the snapper - which was amazing! The quiet moans coming from his side of the table told me everything I needed to know...Heaven was being experienced, for sure! The bottle of wine we enjoyed was amazing... The dessert (some amazing banana bread / cooked in a skillet / with a peanut butter gelato) was the crowning glory to our evening.

I told Ellen and the other friendly servers that stopped by our table, that Disney may claim to have the magic, but the REAL magic happens at Marsh House... This was not just dinner - this was a blessing.... We were truly sad when the meal was over and we had to leave. We are from Florida but when we return to Nashville, Marsh House is on the tippy top of our ‘Must Visit’ list.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Angiet2
Reviewed 13 March 2020

I stayed at The Thompson in Nashville while attending a convention and decided to have dinner at The Marsh House one evening. It was really more out of convenience because there are a lot of choices in Nashville to dine. I was pleasantly surprised how good the food was and how accommodating they were about preparing the way I requested. I like my food to be really clean and healthy, and requested the kale caesar salad with grilled chicken. It was terrific! They also had good wine options to pair it with and all at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend Marsh House when in the popular Gulch area of Nashville.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

We went to the Marsh House to meet friends for dinner. Had been there previously. The food was good but expect it to be pricey. They have a good menu and the food is quite good.

However, the last time we went. This lady brings in a dog in the bar/dining area. We asked the manager about the dog and the initial response was that it was allowed in the lounge (check in area) but not in the dining/bar area. I then inquired about the dog at the table next to us. She seemed to have been caught off guard and then responded by saying that the dog was allowed there but not in the dining area. I informed her that we had just ordered dinner where we were sitting. She said that she could not do anything as it is a pet friendly hotel and restaurant.

I’m all for pets. But I don’t want to eat with everyone’s pet when dining with friends and family. I don’t want their dander in my food, drooling, barking, and passing gas while I eat.

We believe that if you pay them enough money, they’ll cater your pets because it will most likely cost the pet owner more than what we would spend for dinner.

Again, nice ambiance and good food. Just didn’t want to dine with the dogs when we’re trying to have fine dining.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank aj661900
Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

The hosts were excellent and managed to get us a table which was great. I had the Ceviche and Chicken and both were excellent. Great setting and food was quickly served which was great. Perfect for the morning after a night in Nashville!

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank PappaTango
emeryw2013, Owner at Marsh House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2020

Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed brunching at Marsh House, and hope to see you again soon!