“Hip and Helpful”
Review of Hutton Hotel

Hutton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed at the Hutton over a long weekend last September. I was very sick and my husband had a reunion so I depended on the INCREDIBLY HELPFUL staff to get me to the ER and back again. Accommodations were great - love the clean lines of the hotel. Will definitely stay again this spring....

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the Hutton over the weekend for our anniversary. I was pretty excited to stay there after all the rave reviews on the property, and the after looking through the photos from the website. The Hutton DEFINITELY lived up to and surpassed the expectations I had of it. The customer service was superior to any hotel I had ever stayed in. Everyone was so nice and helpful! I first experienced this when I made reservations. The website didn't mention that the Hutton offered a government rate, so I thought I'd call to check. As it turns out, the government rate was lower than I expected and the lady on the other end of the line was so sweet and excited for our weekend away from home. She wished me a happy anniversary and seemed very appreciative of my husband's service in the military. That alone made me feel like this hotel took extra steps when it came to the service of their guests.

Upon arriving at the hotel we asked for a room on an upper floor with a view of the city and Lindsay (I believe that was her name) was more than happy to accomodate us. We arrived to our room on the 12th floor and were wowed as soon as we opened the door. The rooms are incredible! The bathrooms are enough to make me want to remodel the master bath in our house! I have shower envy for sure ;). We've been to Nashville so many times and this hotel made it feel like we were somewhere else! The rooms are like no other. Not only do they look great, but the beds are cozy as well. My only complaint is that the towels aren't the softest, but TRUST me that is not enough to deter me from coming back. There was a coffee maker, a mini bar, and a snack station hidden in the ultra modern dresser. There is an additional cost of course for these drinks and snacks, but it was convenient having them in the room. In addition, the on floor espresso machine was pretty awesome. The room was AMAZING. I literally did not want to leave when we had to check out! ALSO, all the reviews I read mentioned how great the hotel smelled...now I know EXACTLY what they were talking about. Whatever they pump through the vents in this place is AMAZING. I want the scent for my house! Another thing that blew our mind is that we did not hear ANYONE while we were in our room. No children running up and down the halls, no doors slamming, no one cleaning in the morning, nothing. IT WAS GREAT. Added perk...there are personal robes and slippers in the room!!

As for the customer service...SUPERB. Right after we checked in we went down and met with the concierge, Laura. She was super friendly and more than willing to help us find a restaurant for the night, as well as make suggestions for places to go for drinks after dinner. She was so energetic about her job and patient with us considering we really didn't know what we were in the mood for. On top of that, when we saw her later on the way out to dinner, she complimented me on my outfit and told us to have a great time out. Love her.

After meeting with the concierge we went to the hotel bar for a drink and an appetizer. Our bartenders were Dennis and another girl whose name unfortunately escapes me. They were both GREAT. Very friendly, informative, easy to talk to and willing to give out their suggestions for places to go around town. Everyone is just so laid back and friendly at the Hutton!

I think what really sealed the deal for me is the fact that this hotel could be one of those pretentious hotels where you are treated based on the amount of diamonds you have on, or the amount of cash you are throwing around as tips. This was not the case at all. I really feel like they make sure that every guest feels special and everyone is treated equal across the board. From the receptionists at guest services, the valet, the concierge, to the rest of the staff, EVERYONE was very polite, friendly, and all smiles. We really enjoyed our stay and will DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT be back on our next trip to Nashville.

The only things that we might suggest for the hotel:
-a menu at the Espresso bar. We had no idea what flavor was what.
-double of everything as far as coffee goes in the room. There was only one regular coffee and one decaf. My husband had to drink decaf in the morning. Of course I'm sure if we would've called downstairs, they would've sent us up extra. We fixed the problem by adding espresso from the on floor machine ;).
-softer towels

Room Tip: Request a room on an upper floor that overlooks the city :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
SPANashville, General Manager at Hutton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

I am delighted you and your husband had a great anniversary weekend at the Hutton. I feel very fortunate to work with such a great group of Hospitality Professionals and glad to hear they were on top of their game for your visit.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Music City.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2012

An incredibly lovely facility with a terrific staff. Check in was a breeze, as we walked to the elevator we were offered a complimentary glass of wine, and the room was large, impressively decorated, and contained a bathroom sink that has to be seen to be believed. Overall the furnishings throughout the property are exceptionally attractive, especially if one likes "modern."

A few minor flaws were encountered, however. No ice bucket was present in our room and the ice machine on our floor (#9) seemed to be missing. As I was looking for the ice machine, I encountered a hotel employee and asked about it. He seemed surprised as well, but said not to worry, he would bring me ice. Within about 5 minutes he was back with ice and a bucket.

Two other flaws were noted, The wastebasket was missing from the room, though there was one in the bathroom. And, the shutoff valve on the commode was not adjusted correctly as water ran continually. All these flaws, though minor, keep me from rating the Hutton 5-stars.

Another problem, though I am guessing this was not the hotel's fault, occured around 1:45 AM when I was awakened by the sound of what I can best describe as a gigantic pile driver rhythmically pounding a steel pipe into the ground. This went on for about 20 minutes. I am presuming this emanated from some nearby construction project, which is why I tend not to blame the hotel. On the other hand, if it was internal such as a sound from elevators, etc., then there is a real problem.

The hotel is located close to the Vanderbilt University campus and the bottom line is it is a great hotel and I will certainly stay there again next time I am in Nashville.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MemphisProfessor

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your guest room and please be assured I am following up with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure each room is in perfect condition.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We spent a girls weekend here in November. We loved the Hutton. It's a little pricey, but that's all of the downtown hotels. Got a better rate on Expedia. The beds are comfortable and the rooms were clean. Everyone was very friendly. The restaurant has a great atmosphere for hanging out. Try the french toast for breakfast, it is amazing!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review and glad to hear you had a wonderful girls weekend at the Hutton Hotel. I too love the French Toast, not sure what the Chef does but it has been on the menu since the day we opened!

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Had a great experience @ the Hutton with friends this summer. Would totally do it all over again if given the chance. I agree with the guest who found the check-in process to be a bit pretentious, but once I stepped into my room, all was forgiven.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review and we are working with our team to ensure they are being nothing but friendly, professional and warm during the arrival process. We appreciate your business and no room for any pretentiousness at the Hutton!