“Clean, Recently Remodeled & easy drive to attractions”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #100 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I skeptically chose this well priced hotel and was pleasantly surprised! The hotel was clean and in a lower traffic area just outside the hub bub of Nashville with on ramps to the major roads nearby.
My room was recently renovated and had a modern decor, large flat screen TV, nice towels and comfy beds. The grounds & buildings were well maintained even though it's an older hotel. The front desk were accommodating and allowed an early check in for jet lag weary travelers.
Although it's basic, it's comfy, clean and met all my needs.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The gentleman that checked us in was very very rude. We asked if there was any way we can check in early he laughed and said nope. The room smelled horrendous and the bathroom was filthy. There were a ton of bugs in the room and the soap dispensers had mold. It was literally the most disgusting room I have ever encountered. The location was so close to everything and the pool wasn't gross. I still can't get over the stench of the bathroom even after having candles lit. The air conditioner barely worked so the room was like a sauna as well. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were the worst and barely had any fluff to em.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dominique D
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I reserve the hotel for one night. However, the hotel cancels my reservation because of overbooking and no any reimbursement.

I booked the hotel and prepaid one night. When I came there, they told me the reservation had been canceled. They didn't notify me before I arrived. So, I contact my agency to report this, when my agency contact this hotel, the hotel manager said it is not because of overbooking, it is because I call the hotel and cancel the reservation. The truth is: I never call the hotel before I come here.

I book another hotel at that night; the econo lodge didn't give me any reimbursement. Also, next day, their manager is not there, I leave my cell phone and information there, they told me their manager would call me back. However, I never receive their call still now.

Really bad attitude, a bad hotel, don't stay there. There are a lot of hotels or inns near here, with a good price. Those are your choice. If you want a good trip, avoid this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Yifei W
Reviewed 24 June 2017

First room was SMELLY. Went back to office to get a different room. Got a major attitude. Also was a purse or makeup bag on the window sill outside the room. I informed them of that. Was given a second room. This one smelled even worse. Went into bathroom and there was a huge spider in there. There was also a dirty bar of soap in the shower. Under the sink there were dead bugs. This was nasty. We had somewhere we had to be and were going to be returning late and getting up early morning. So we were only going to be sleep for a short time and he said he only had rooms on the second floor left. I have a bad knee and can't do the stair. So we stayed in the room and hardly got any sleep. At checkout I could not get a copy of the invoice she said the printer wasn't working.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kf7ez
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Good no frills hotel that is close to downtown. Rooms are clean and neat but outdated. Rooms were cleaned every day. Not sure if this is the safest area of town as we did encounter some homeless people near the hotel. Plenty of fast food eating places nearby. Pool was great since temps were in the 90's during our stay. Would probably not stay here again in the future unless it was for only 1 night.

Room Tip: We had a lower level and it seem ok. Also the parking is a little tight and seem to be full every ni...