“Authentic Italian Pizza”

Ranked #26 of 2,221 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups
Description: Are you ready to embark on the most affordable trip your mouth will ever take to Italy?!?Staying true to tradition, our Pizza Napoletana is as authentic as it gets!Using Mozzarella di Bufala made for us earlier in the week in a small town in Campania ...then flown in fresh … or maybe our flour which is shipped over by boat …no no, how about our salt which comes straight from the Mediterranean Sea! This trend continues ...for EVERY single one of our ingredients … I know, it's the real deal!We open at 11:30am, Monday through Saturday, and close as soon as the dough runs out… sorry, it's made fresh, DAILY! And yes, we are not open Sunday, as it's a day to spend with family!So please, do us a favor and stop by to try what pizza is SUPPOSED to taste like.And don't worry if you have limited time, as our hand-made wood burning ovens, with volcanic rockbottoms from Mount Vesuvius, cook your pizza in 60 seconds … it's ok to say wow.. but trust me, you'llbe saying it again when you take that first bite ;)Grazie Mille!
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The pizza here reminds me of some of the best pizza I've had in Italy. I only with they expanded their offerings a bit; prosciutto topped with fresh arugula is one of my favorites.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Pizza was amazing. Very big inside. Order your pizza then go set down. Parking is very limited. Full bar.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

First, you're not going to just stumble upon DeSano's. it's off on a side street and tucked into an alley. Once you walk in, it's still not that inviting. BUT...

You order one of their hand made, wood fired pizzas and the taste wins the day!

I chose the Margarita Pizza. It was light, the sauce was delicious, the cheese could have been home made. And it was topped with fresh basil.

I only intended on eating one or two of the slices. Nope. Ate the entire 11 inch pie. And loved it.

This place is a hidden gem. Find it!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

A friend and I are visiting from Texas, and we were told we had to try this place because it has the best pizza. The recommendation was spot on! This place was AMAZING!! The pizza is delicious, and the staff is so friendly! I love this place! Will definitely be back when I am in Nashville again!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was on a list of restaurants recommended to us by friends that knew we were coming into town. After driving 4 hours , we were tired & hungry. The concierge of our hotel was a jolly Italian that also recommended DeSano's pizza. Oh my!!! I love pizza so I am picky but this was one of the best pies I have ever put in my mouth!!!! You must stop here!! Prices were reasonable, casual atmosphere. Serves wine & any beer you can think of. Oh and yummy desserts!