“YUMMMMY!!!”
Review of Sunflower Cafe

Sunflower Cafe
Ranked #103 of 2,296 Restaurants in Nashville
Description: At The Sunflower Cafe we serve delicious mouthwatering vegetarian food to Nashville and the surrounding areas. Known for our gourmet veggie burgers and vegan barbecue, our Cafe also offers a wide selection of vegan and gluten-free options. We strive to use fresh, local and organic ingredients wherever possible. Serving your family and friends healthy and delicious meals is easy as we offer catering and a full to-go menu. There is always something new at Sunflower Vegetarian Cafe with our daily chef specials and seasonal menus!
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Delicious vegan restaurant!! I do not like the taste of meat but loved the BBQ. Wish I could find a restaurant like this in Houston!!!

Stephanie J, Manager at Sunflower Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey, Kim! Thank you for leaving us this review! We are so happy you enjoyed our BBQ. We thank you for coming to see us, and hope you will be back next time you are in Music City!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

While visiting a different restaurant in Nashville, a local suggested we try Sunflower Cafe’s BBQ. We are vegan and hadn’t had BBQ in Nashville yet, so we went to Sunflower looking to fill that void.

The restaurant is 100% vegan, with other dietary choices/sensitivities in mind. They do everything a la cart/cafeteria style, so you can pick whatever you like - entrees or sides - and build your own meal. You can see many of your options, and sample them too!

They had a happy hour menu as well with items like quesadillas and nachos.

There was beer, soda, juice, Switters iced cofffee, and local komboocha available.

The food was incredible, and the service was too. We spoke to a few of the people working, and they were warm, and friendly and made a genuine effort to get to know my boyfriend and I. We told them it was our first time, and they were so patient and explained everything to us.

There was plenty of outdoor dining area, but we chose to sit inside. We tried a lot, and got some food to go as well.

We tried the lasagna, sweet potato casserole, traditional BBQ, Tempeh BBQ, spinach and mushroom quesadilla, oatmeal cookie parfait, beans, collards, and asparagus. Everything was fresh, and flavorful.

We brought out to go food to the Nashville International Airport, on our way out of town, and the bag got stopped on its way through the x-ray machine. The TSA agent hand checking the bag asked me where it was from, and when I told him “Sunflower Cafe” he said he knew it. He had never been but someone came through earlier with food from there as well, and it smelt so good he recognized the smell of our food.

Cant wait to go back!

Wow! Thank you so much for leaving us this incredible feedback! We appreciate your compliments on our happy hour, menu, and atmisphere! We hope you will come back to enjoy some more delicious beverages on our patio again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

A fun place with friendly staff. I had the veggie burger, which was yummy and fresh. Healthy fare abounds here.

Hey, Ken! Thank you for leaving us some wonderful feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with our staff and loved your burger. Come back and see us again soon! Have a great day.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This is a great spot to eat vegan/GF/dairy free/etc. The food is served cafeteria-style so you can see everything before you pick what you want. Every day they have a highlighted meal but I'm kind of addicted to their veggie burgers, particularly the bahn mi style burger. The food is quite filling for vegan fare so come hungry! They also have a few great kombuchas on tap, a unique selection of awesome vegan desserts, and they sell beer in bottles and cans. If the weather is good, there's a nice porch where you can sit. Check it out!

Alison, thank you for taking the time to leave us some wonderful feedback! We appreciate you coming in to dine with us, and are so glad you could enjoy a delicious meal (and dessert)! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

This may be very well be the best vegetarian restaurant in Nashville. BUT, Nashville is not a place for vegetarian restaurants. Unfortunately I am glad to see they are trying but it's not where it needs to be. I got a bowl with tofu ginger sauce, kale and brown rice. Brown rice was very hard, the sauce was indigestible and kale was extremely chewy. I burped for close to two hours after I was able to eat few a little bit of it. My try had ants on it as well (Not very good) and the kitchen ventilation was inadequate. I ended up changing my t-shirt right after. I am giving two starts and being very generous about it because I like people who are vegetarian (and the staff was friendly), otherwise it would have have been 1 star. It is also too expensive for the quality. They need a review by a chef.

1  Thank hal74

We are very disappointed to hear you feel this way. We always strive to make delicious food for our customers and are saddened to hear you were displeased with your meal. We hope you will choose to come back so we can make a meal to your liking. We always take feedback to heart, and hope you will choose to visit us again in the future!