“Not good”

Cuisines: Pizza
Description: (423) 625-8909
Description: (423) 625-8909
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The Newport, Tennessee Pizza Hut location is located right off of Highway I-40 on Cosby Highway (about a quarter mile north of I-40). This restaurant is located next to a bunch of hotels and other restaurants (primarily for travelers that are looking for a quick lunch or dinner).

I went with my family on a Saturday afternoon in late August and we ordered a large pepperoni stuffed crust pizza and a medium cheese hand tossed crust pizza. The pepperoni stuffed crust pizza was not good. The crust tasted like a cheap frozen pizza crust and was barely edible. It has been a while since I have been to a Pizza Hut so am not sure if their overall quality has gone down or if we just got a an old, stale crust. The cheese pizza had a hand tossed crust and tasted much better. While the pizza was not good the price was very reasonable as I paid only about $9 for the cheese pizza and about $11 for the pepperoni pizza. The service was good as the server was friendly and she was very attentive.

Overall I thought the pizza was not good and I do not recommend this restaurant. Since this restaurant is located right off of I-40 there are lots of other restaurants to choose from so I recommend that you go somewhere else.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We walked in and there was two other tables eating. Passed by several tables that either had dishes on them or hadnt been cleaned off. Our waitress was the only one working (4-5 other people standing around in back doing nothing but talking and laughing loud) she was serving the tables, cleaning off dishes and wiping down and also running cash register. If i was a manager (or a worker) i would be embarrased to leave tables looking as they were for so long. Decor on walls was not good compared to other pizza huts. The one and only waitress was so busy she forgot our breadsticks, but didnt charge us for them. Left her a very nice tip, because she needed some help!

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We ordered two pizzas online just the way we wanted them. They were the best pizzas we've ever had from them. We only live a few miles from Pizza Hut, and when we drove there they were ready. We have enough leftover for tomorrow. We were very very pleased with our pizza.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at a very crummy hotel, but the wonderful people at Pizza Hut made up for it. The lady that took our order was VERY sweet. Since we were staying at a hotel, she offered to give us plats, cups, and napkins for no additional charge. She went WAY above and beyond the expectation. The food arrive earlier than expected, a positive, since we were all starving! The pizza was piping hot when it arrived. Way to go!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

there wasn't anything i didn't like.the pizza was made just the way we ordered it

Been to Pizza Hut? Share your experiences!