“Terrible”

Cuisines: Pizza
Description: (423) 625-8909
Description: (423) 625-8909
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

My husband ordered two medium pizzas. I stopped on my way through town to pick them up then drove 20 more minutes home. I waited at the counter for 5-10 before someone even acknowledged me. An employee, Rachel finally came to the counter to look up our order and I paid. She said the pizzas just went in the oven. I sat on the bench and waited. A few minutes later she said here you go ( I was the only one waiting at the time) and I said thank you and left. I got home 20 minutes later. We had the wrong pizzas! My husband called and spoke with Lisa who said she called for Chapman but I just took the pizzas and took off. She told my husband we could come get the pizzas & hung up. I called her back because we are 20 minutes away. She made excuses and blamed me for the mistake-very unprofessional. At first, Lisa tried to insinuate she was the store manager even though she's not the store manager. She argued, was hateful, and put the blame on me. She even had me hold on so she could get Rachel to back her up that a name was called out for that pizza. No name was called. No one else was even there. The girl just said here's your pizza. Would you think she was talking to you if you were the only person there?!
Another thing-- when I walked outside to leave, the delivery person was getting out of her vehicle smoking! At least I didn't have pizza delivered.

1  Thank joyceegarne

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

This place has some serious issues, they always seem to be seriously understaffed. The waitress was nice and helpful though not well trained and food was good but it takes forever to get your food. We waited probably 35 minutes or so on a personal pan pizza and there probably wasn't 5 people there eating and this isn't the first time. Not well ran at all.

1  Thank TimTN
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

This pizza Hut is average. Pizza is usually hot and tasty. The only thing is sometimes it takes forever to get your order.

Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

I called to have pizza delivered 5.7 miles from pizza hut in Newport and got a call back saying that we were out of their range of delivery. Really? Why have a delivery driver if they are limited to go not even two miles down the road. Then we call back and got oh I'm sorry would u like a carry out instead. the employees need to learn more about their work I kept getting um I'm not sure, or I don't know. Where I work u never tell a customer I don't know. I will never call to place a order nor go to this restraunt.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The Newport, Tennessee Pizza Hut location is located right off of Highway I-40 on Cosby Highway (about a quarter mile north of I-40). This restaurant is located next to a bunch of hotels and other restaurants (primarily for travelers that are looking for a quick lunch or dinner).

I went with my family on a Saturday afternoon in late August and we ordered a large pepperoni stuffed crust pizza and a medium cheese hand tossed crust pizza. The pepperoni stuffed crust pizza was not good. The crust tasted like a cheap frozen pizza crust and was barely edible. It has been a while since I have been to a Pizza Hut so am not sure if their overall quality has gone down or if we just got a an old, stale crust. The cheese pizza had a hand tossed crust and tasted much better. While the pizza was not good the price was very reasonable as I paid only about $9 for the cheese pizza and about $11 for the pepperoni pizza. The service was good as the server was friendly and she was very attentive.

Overall I thought the pizza was not good and I do not recommend this restaurant. Since this restaurant is located right off of I-40 there are lots of other restaurants to choose from so I recommend that you go somewhere else.

Been to Pizza Hut? Share your experiences!