“Love Fresh Seafood and a great atmosphere”
Review of The Crab Bucket

The Crab Bucket
Ranked #53 of 103 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Our experience was amazing yesterday when we came in for lunch. There was a moderate amount of people when we arrived and we were greeted promptly when we walked in. The place was clean and I love how bright and welcoming the decor is. We started off with cheese curds and hot wings (which were on special.) The waitress recommended the sweet chili sauce with the curds and it was a fantastic combination. The hot wings were moist and not to "spicy." We sampled a few different options between our party. They were the scallops, barramundi, white fish, Poseidon ( a crab cake with shrimp and a crab alfredo sauce), crab legs, waffle fries. Everything was cooked to perfection and this is saying alot because it all came out at once. We also tried the tropical slaw after the waitress recommended it and it was perfect with the seafood. I loved the pineapple with the slaw. We spoke with the staff and owners while we were there and found out that they have the seafood delivered fresh every two days. You can tell the chef has a passion for what he does because it shows in his food. We finished our meal with banana pudding. It was the perfect ending to our meal and was the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy. The cookies were NOT soggy at all and the bananas were fresh in the pudding. We fought over the last bite because it was so good. I can't wait to go back and will gladly make the trip to eat there again.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

The Oak Ridge/Anderson County area is in dire need of a new seafood restaurant and "The Crab Bucket" is a welcome addition. We arrived before the Sunday lunch rush and were escorted to our table. The décor is coastal/beachy and the chairs are lawn chairs.

The menu is a tad pricy (check my photos) but note that dinner options are available in a lunch portion. We ordered fried cheese curds which arrived hot, crispy and served with marinara or chili thai sauce. We requested both which were yummy. If you have never had cheese curds, I highly recommend. They were divine! Kind of like mozzarella sticks, but way better and with no breading!

We ordered the pick two lunch special and chose white fish and fried shrimp. I ordered fries and my lunch partner chose slaw. The fish and shrimp were absolutely delicious and arrived hot and crispy. Both the fish and shrimp had just enough breading. The waffle fries were a bit chewy and not as good as a local fast food joint. The slaw was just OK.

We do plan to go back. Excellent service. Homemade tartar sauce and slaw would really up the taste of any meal there.

1  Thank Ratgirl24
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just stopped by to try the new restaurant in town. We enjoyed the meal but the price of the meal was outrageous. I ordered the scallop dinner which included 5 scallops, waffle fries and a garden salad for $29.00 my husband ordered the shrimp dinner which included 11 shrimp, slaw and waffle fries for 20.00 we had a tea and water and total price for the meal was $53.78. ($62.00 after tip which felt like a lot for two people) The scallops and shrimp were fresh and delicious but not sure they were worth the price. I will say the service was great. Very friendly staff. The atmosphere is very casual kinda picnic style tables with lawn type chairs. We may try them again but order something much cheaper. They were running a special on crab legs. So overall food was fair, seafood was good, service was great and price was terrible.

1  Thank MelanieJanan