DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$104
US$92
US$120
US$70
QualityInn
Comfort Inn Oak Ridge - Knoxville(Oak Ridge)(Great Value!)
US$80
ComfortInn
US$135
US$56
US$52
US$106
US$109
Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$83
Country Inn
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesroom was cleanbusiness travelbreakfast buffethotel restaurantan older hotelplace to stayvery nice hotelexercise roomfront desk staffgreat roomdefinitely stay here againconvenient locationstaff was friendlyknoxvilleaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The DoubleTree hosts a sumptuous buffet on holidays. Artfully displayed and delicious. They seated my party quickly in a convenient location for my guest in a wheelchair.We were guests at the hotel and our stay was typically to our liking. Terry who works the front desk, and also helped out at the buffet service is very customer service oriented and has helpful tips to make our stay the best!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel and restaurant. Our holiday brunches are the absolute best and we are proud to have won "Best Brunch" in the city for as many years back as I can remember! I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate your business. Thank you also for mentioning a team member that went above and beyond. She will be rewarded for her excellent customer service.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Enjoyed the Thanksgiving buffet, enjoyed the pool, excellent customer service. The food is excellent, cookIes upon arrival are a wonderful touch to the comfortable atmosphere, quick to provide extra towels or items needed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Blueeyesaw

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel, its amenities and our restaurant. We are very proud of our culinary team and all of their delicious offerings. Thank you for taking the time to let every one know how awesome we are!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

A Hilton Honors member, I am generally pleased with the quality of the members of its hotel family. This is an exception. Let me tell you why. First, we travel with a small pet and are accustomed to paying a reasonable ($25 or so) pet deposit. Although our pet has never had an accident, I understand that sometimes there may be instances where the housekeeping staff may incur extra duties associated with pets. You can imagine my surprise when I checked in to this hotel Saturday evening and learned that its pet fee was $75! I was dumbfounded. I've traveled across the country and stayed in top pet-friendly hotels, and have never encountered such a staggering fee. As this large amount had not been disclosed on its website nor on Hotel.com through which I had booked, I felt that this was a classic "bait and switch." When I complained, the front desk offered a free breakfast, but it was already included in our rate. No other accommodation was offered.

Second, the hallways outside our room smelled like a boys locker room. The ammonia smell was overwhelming and made it hard to breathe. When I mentioned this to the front desk, she dismissed it saying that the "teams" were there this weekend and it was dirty due to them. No excuse. If the hotel is unable to keep itself clean, it should have let me know before my checking in. Although my room was clean the common areas were not.

Third, the breakfast was marginal at best. While it might have been suitable at a lower end hotel, the Doubletree standard is much higher than the Oak Ridge location served. The restaurant was unkempt on Sunday morning and needed a good cleaning. Maybe this was also due to the "teams," but if so, the hotel knew in advance that it had "teams" there and should have put on more staff. A serious management failure.

Our experience there was so bad that I am going to recommend separately to Hilton that it undertake a facility review of this hotel to determine whether to pull this franchise. Avoid this hotel if you have any alternative at all.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

After reading your review, I immediately checked to make sure our pet fee was on all third party websites and our DoubleTree.com website and it is. I apologize for any confusion that this may have caused. Sometimes on third party websites, it is located where an extra click is involved to find it. For instance, there is an asterisk that follows "pets allowed" on their website and you have to click in a different area. We do have to deep clean every pet occupied room and that is the reason for the charge. While we really enjoy being a pet-friendly hotel, comments such as yours really make me question whether it should be a service that we even offer. I do apologize for the other guests who were not as conscientious about being thoughtful about the other guests that I had in the hotel. I am proud of my team for making it through this weekend, it was a tough one. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you being a Hilton Honors member. Remember to book direct at doubletree.com to gain points for your overnight stays at our brand. I am sure if you gave us another chance while in the area, you would have a much different experience.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This is a very nice hotel close to Windrock Off-road park. We stay every year. Staff is very friendly and nice and helpful. Breakfast is great.. The only thing that they could do is offer Windrock Off-Road Park passes at the hotel so that you don't have to go make another stop on the way to the Park. But that is not to bad a service station down the road offers the passes and then you can get gas in your ride :)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 181gwenw
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you for your very nice review of hotel. We appreciate your business. While we used to sell passes to the park, it became too much responsibility for our front office team. Out first priority must be to give excellent service to our guests and the sale of these tickets (all at once oftentimes), forced us to make the decision to let that go. And as you said, you need a good fill up before you get there! Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This is my second trip to this hotel. Always friendly staff, delicious cookies, room with plenty of room and clean. I really appreciate the note on my bed from housekeeping. I had a problem with the TV. Someone arrived quickly and fixed the problem. I enjoy chatting with the hotel front desk; they are always friendly.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kimberlybZ979LY
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that our team made you feel comfortable while you were our guest. We sincerely want all of our guests to be happy! We look foward to being of service to you in the future.