“Riverstone Resort is Excellent”

RiverStone Resort & Spa
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed at Riverstone Resort in Dec. and loved it! We've stayed here for the last couple of years during the holidays and our experiences have been consistently excellent. The indoor pool and workout rooms are clean and well maintained. The spa was great and one of the best massages I've had. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It is very close to Dollywood theme park, groceries, shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Underground parking is available which is a plus if the weather is bad. All the rooms have excellent mountain views. I will be back and would highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasTranquility
rivergm, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at RiverStone Resort & Spa. We appreciate all of the wonderful things you have to say about your stay with us! The holidays are a great time to visit Pigeon Forge; and I know that the indoor pool and underground parking are very appreciated in the colder months! I am glad you got to experience the Spa at RiverStone; it is truly a relaxing experience that many people can appreciate especially that time of year! Again, thank you for giving us your recommendation; I hope you can visit again soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2013

My wife and I saved at this property for a long weekend in January (I hate the crowds this area draws in the summer and fall). For January the whole area was quite busy (It was MLK weekend, and they had snow prior to our arrival), the restaurants and shopping were packed!

I read all the reviews for this property and selected it for the spa (we had a couples massage and it was great) and also for the location. After reading the reviews I was prepared for no maid service or daily fresh linens. However for a property billed as a "resort", I would expect that they could offer daily service (for a price), or no service if you're using the room as a true condo. Since we were only there two nights, then the towels were sufficient, but I would have hated to have to do laundry or bring extra towels for a week. As long as you are prepared for this then it's not a surprise or problem.

I had two complaints about the condo. First, the thermostat is located in the living room, so when you use the fire place the heat generated from the fireplace fools the thermostat into thinking its hotter in the condo than it really is. As a result the bedroom is very cold! I'm sure this isn't a problem in the summertime with the A/C, or if you didn't use the fireplace. My second complaint is with the double showerhead. Since both shower heads are operated from one source, there isn't enough pressure to properly run all heads at the same time. It's fine if you run one side or the other, but definitely not both at once!

We did have a problem with the wireless Internet not working throughout the whole condo. One phone call to the front desk and they quickly brought a wireless router and connected it in the living room (problem solved)! So I would suspect they get this complaint quite often, since they didn't hesitate to send up a maint. guy with the fix.

Room Tip: This property is a great location just off the strip, but it's also located on Dollywood Dr, whi...
2  Thank brw_engel
rivergm, General Manager at RiverStone Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us at RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear that you thought we had a great property and that you enjoyed your couples massage. I appreciate you bringing the issues that you had to our attention, it gives us a chance to improve our service. Although we do not include daily housekeeping in the price of the room rental, we do allow you to schedule housekeeping service during your stay for an additional fee. I apologize that we did not communicate that to you; please accept my apology. Please be assured that we have updated both our reservation script as well as our reservation confirmation emails to better communicate with all guests that we do have that service available to anyone who would like their condo cleaned during their stay. I have passed along your thermostat and shower issues to our Director of Maintenance so that we can investigate ways to improve. Additionally, we have plans to add additional wireless access points throughout the property in the next couple of months, which will improve the wireless signal for all guests. Again, thank you for bringing these items to my attention; I hope that you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations the next time you visit Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We only had a couple days off work and were wanting to stay at a resort and spa. Pigeon Forge doesn't really offer many nice resorts. Most are old and wore out. We saw some good reviews on this place and pulled the trigger. The place was extremely nice and well kept. We had a King bed room with balcony, jacuzzi tub, full kitchen and fireplace. The room was really nice, cozy, and modern. The kitchen and bathroom had granite countertops. Everything was very clean. The fireplace was small and had a cover over it. It didn't put out too much heat and that was really the only complaint. The flat panels in the living room and bedroom were also small but we didn't watch much TV. The jacuzzi tub in the bathroom was nice and worked well. We were in building 2 on the second floor and the balcony didn't offer much of a view. One of the building looked to be right on the river and would have had a great balcony view. The resort also offers a 24hr Indoor pool and hot tubs. Overall we were very happy with the resort and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something a little higher scale in Pigeon Forge.

1  Thank lilcobrar

Dear lilcobrar,
We are honored that you chose to celebrate your 3 year anniversary at RiverStone Resort & Spa. I am pleased that you were happy with the resort and found our property well-kept and clean. If you stay with us in the future, I would recommend a 1 Bedroom on the river, which has a larger balcony and overlooks the Little Pigeon River. Again, thank you for your comments, I will pass along your feedback to the entire staff. We hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary for 3 nights. We stayed in building #4 and it was in the far back of the resort and overlooked the river which was a nice relaxing sound when we had our patio door opened. The place was very neat and clean. We loved the double shower! We also took advantage of the spa and it was well worth the money. Since we were there in the off-season, I can't really comment on how sound proof the place was because there weren't a lot of people in our building so it was nice and quiet for us. The location is very convenient to Pigeon Forge attractions. We will definitely stay here again if we visit.

1  Thank melly17

Dear melly17,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! RiverStone Resort & Spa is a great way to enjoy your anniversary and relax – whether it is listing to the river from your condo or visiting our luxurious day spa! We pride ourselves on providing superior services and showing our guests the true meaning of hospitality. I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the entire team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Our family has been going to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg yearly for the last 20 years. We typically stay at hotels, which are mostly older, unless you stay further out towards Sevierville. This is the first time we've stayed at this location. It is very modern and well-appointed. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condominium. We remarked that this was one of the nicest condos we have rented anywhere. The recreation building is also great, with large excercise room and game room, along with large indoor pool and hot tub that are open 24hrs. Parking can be a little tricky, especially if you arrive late in the evening. We will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: In the winter try to stay in bldg across drive from recreation bldg.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DDLOhio

Dear DDLOhio,
Thank you for your review! Hearing that you and your family have been visiting our area for the last 20 years, I am honored that you chose RiverStone Resort for your vacation this year. The condos are spacious with room for families to spread out, and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the game room, fitness room, and 24 hour indoor pool/hot tub. I will pass along your comments to all of the team, and we look forward to your next visit!