“Annual family vacation ”
Review of Calhoun's

Calhoun's
Ranked #21 of 184 Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Party of 10, quick seating, attentive waitress. Original wings sweet and mildly spicy. Good overall experience, will be back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Our family of 6 (4 young children) was not particularly welcomed with open arms but nothing in particular.
The host sat us in the bar area ...probably not the best for kids under 10. But, we were hungry so didn't say much. (there were other tables available). I also witnessed the hostess seat a party of 8 in a booth with a small table (for 2) pulled up. Not sure what she was thinking but 2 of them had to stand and wait for the other host to pull up another table. They asked for chairs (obviously) and he said "I'm getting them" in a little sarcastic voice which didn't impress me at all.
Waiter was busy and we weren't a priority but I do think he was stretched pretty thin.
My husband had to send his ribs back as they were very overcooked. Our waiter apologized profusely and quickly brought him about another set of ribs. Those were cooked better, but we have had better ribs at many places.
I ordered the spinach/goat cheese salad which was a special. It was fabulous.
The table behind us sent a burger plate back twice and finally just told our waiter to take it off the bill, which he did. They were nice about it, but a little frustrated.
Maybe it was just a bad night, who knows.
Not a kid friendly place

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Service was great. Here is a breakdown of the food that I tried. The Ale steak was great the flavor was delicious and cooked perfect to my liking. Ribs were a little dry. But had a great smoked flavor. The pulled pork was good. Not my favorite. Mac n cheese was very good not a fan of the beans. More a ranch style. We had the potato skins with the pulled pork. A great combination. Very tasty. Now to the best part of the meal. We had the banana pudding with the white chocolate macadamia nut and ohhhhhh my was it a little taste of heaven. I'd go back just for the desert.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We were in town for three days and ate at Calhouns two of those days. The first night we both got salads and fried pickles as as appetizer. The salads were fresh, tasty and so huge that we both packed up half to take home. The next night we came back to try the strawberry shortcakeand and were so glad we did! It's the best we've ever had.....anywhere! There's enough of it to share and still have a hard time finishing it all. The biscuit is so light and flakey and the real whipped cream and fresh strawberries can't be beat. Unbelievable something as heavenly and huge was so reasonably priced. The bonus part of our dining experience was our server, April, who did such a great job the first night that we asked for her again. She was on top of everything and had a great personality. Wish we had a Calhouns in Virginia.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We arrived in town on a saturday night, so all the restaurants in the area were busy. We walked over to this from our hotel. It was busy and we had to wait, which wasn't bad. We grabbed a drink from the bar while waitog, which our wait wasn't as long as they had said. The food isn't bad, I had salmon which was a little dry, but overall it's ok.