“A Gem in Pikeville”
Review of Pig and Catch

Pig and Catch
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Pikeville
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped to have the Sunday meal that starts at 11AM, which is the all you can eat buffet. The Kelly family puts on a great spread of pulled pork, chicken, various casseroles, veggies, hush puppies and tons of desserts. The price also includes refillable drinks. Whether you are on two or four or more wheels (we like riding down off the Plateau on our Harleys), stop in to see the Kellys. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We discovered the Pig~N~Catch by mistake and we're glad we did! It's a quaint little Southern restaurant. They apparently offer a buffet of a variety of their menu on Sundays.. we will definitely go back to try this.

I ordered the pull porked entree with french fries and white beans. My mom ordered the Sampler Platter with catfish, baby back ribs and fried shrimp. She got white beans and coleslaw. My daughter also ordered the Sampler. She got catfish, pulled pork and the baby back ribs as well with french fries and coleslaw. We all three sampled each other's food to try a little bit of something different. Both the pulled pork and ribs were delicious, extremely tender and seasoned perfectly. There was very little fat on the ribs and the meat just fell off the bone. The catfish and shrimp were fried in a light crispy batter to a golden brown and tasted great. The sides were just as tasty, with the fries and beans being hot and the slaw being cold. Drinks are unlimited refills and according to my mom the sweet tea was perfect.

My only "complaint" would be that the BBQ is brought out in a normal type BBQ restaurant bottle, but it was cold like it had been kept in the refrigerator. I'm sure they would have warmed it up if I would have asked so I'm not really complaining.
It was a great find and if we are ever back out that way in Pikeville we will definitely be stopping back in!

1  Thank Longleggedlovely1
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We went after church on Sunday. We had the buffet as it was the only choice. The selections were good and plentiful. We were then shocked when the kitchen staff refilled the food without gloves and dropped the tongs on the floor and just put them back on the food. The cooks also take the money and do not wash their hands any time they handle the food. This will be our last visit here. $13.00 for that is a bit too much for brunch where I do all the serving.

1  Thank Bruce W
Reviewed 18 January 2017

They have good food but the prices are unreal. For a small town restaurant they charge big city prices. On sunday you can't order from the menu, and you can't get a take out. It is a buffet lunch but for $$$$ I guess they can do whatever they want. Won't be going back anytime soon. BBQ was good just to high.

1  Thank carolhankins
Reviewed 1 December 2016

This restaurant seemed clean and tidy....but then I noticed the sugar packets on the table looked like they put "fresh" packets on top of old, soggy, discolored ones. It was a clue I should have heeded.... We ordered lunch, a pulled pork sandwich and a half-rack of ribs.
Everything was served in styro-foam containers...even the drinks. No alcohol here, just tea, coffee, soda, etc.
When the ribs arrived, I couldn't even bring myself to try them...they SMELLED old. My spouse had the pulled pork and offered to trade..so I did. The pulled pork sandwich was mostly bun...which was about the only fresh ingredient I think.
I did have fries, which also seemed like they were cooked in old oil.
Oddly, the cole slaw was fresh...
Later that night my spouse had a terrible stomach ache....
We spent $24 there
I will avoid this place and recommend you do too.

1  Thank MACinMTN