“Best Sandwiches in Tennessee”

Steamboat Sandwiches
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Powell
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We are regulars at Steamboat because the sandwiches are fantastic. They bake their own bread and fill each sandwich with generous amounts of meats, cheeses, veggies, etc.. I ordered the Roast Beef Sandwich on the freshest, softest homemade white bread in the state containing thick slices of roast beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, horseradish and mayo with pickles and pepperoncini peppers on the side. Luckily we arrived before the lunch crowd or we may not have gotten a table. If I had to choose an area that could be improved, it would be the availability of ice. Their drink machine does not contain ice, so in order to get more ice for your refill, you must go to the counter. If there is a long line at the counter, you have to wait for your ice. Notwithstanding the ice problem, we will return.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We had an appointment in Powell and finished just in time for lunch. We decided to go to Steamboat since they have the best sandwiches in the area. I ordered a whole (not half) Roast Beef Sandwich with mayo, lettuce, tomato, provolone cheese and a small amount of horseradish. The ingredients were placed between two slices of the best bread in town. No other sandwich shop has bread like Steamboat since it is prepared and baked on site. If you want to experience some of the best sandwiches in town, I suggest you make Steamboat Sandwiches in Powell, TN a regular stop.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Get the half steamboat sandwich combo, you won't regret it.

My co-workers and I visit regularly and we always enjoy our meal. It is one of our favorites.

Nothing fancy about the property, but it is clean, the staff is friendly and the sandwiches are fantastic.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Unique subs, very good. Limited menu small and quaint atmosphere. Homemade bread and subs are unlike any chain.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Most sandwich shops use quality meats and vegetables. The single ingredient that separates great sandwiches from just good sandwiches is bread. Steamboat Sandwiches uses the best, freshly homemade, unique bread in Tennessee and, therefore, sells the best sandwiches in the state. If you haven't tried these works of gastronomic art, you are missing one of the great joys in life. I strongly recommend the next time you are in Powell, TN that you visit Steamboat Sandwiches. The Club Sandwich is my favorite with ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato.