“"MMMMM GOOD"”

Five Oaks Farm Kitchen
Ranked #18 of 186 Restaurants in Sevierville
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Five Oaks Farm Kitchen welcomes hungry travelers from near and far for Southern-style breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 27 August 2021

Had breakfast first day. Best biscuits and gravy from a restaurant (almost as good as moms). Girlfriend had French toast she loved it. Dinner a couple days later I had the pulled pork corn on the cob was nice and tender potato soup first as part of the meal. It was a thin soup, not creamy, but quite tasty. Girlfriend had the catfish she loved it. Both of us couldn't finish our meal took back to the resort lunch the next day. Had to have breakfast one more time on our way out of town.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

We've been to this restaurant for breakfast, but decided to try it this trip at dinnertime. We were seated quickly and had excellent, quick service. We got potato soup first as part of the meal. It was a thin soup, not creamy, but quite tasty and just enough to be enjoyable. Husband got the BBQ sample platter consisting of some baby back ribs which were tender and slathered with a very good and thick vinegar based BBQ sauce, some brisket strips, and pulled pork on Texas toast. Large portions accompanied my a mediocre cole slaw. I had chicken pot pie which was tasty and had peas, carrots, and good sized chunks of chicken. I also got the stuffed tomatoes. These were ok, but too salty and it was hard to differentiate the flavors if that makes sense. The serving is two stuffed tomato halves and I ate most of one. They also give each person a complimentary biscuit. These could have been hotter but they were good enough as is. All in all, we enjoyed this place and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

Absolutely stunning building, the best food we had our entire trip! Variety of food options and all were delicious, sweet tea was great. The decor was magnificent, everything was very clean. Hannah our waitress was very sweet and on top of giving phenomenal service. I would strongly recommend checking this place out and the Ogeles store.

Reviewed 17 August 2021

The fried chicken was great! Lots of crunch and a bit of spice. A leg, thigh and breast. Brought the breast home for lunch the next day. The stuffed tomato was good, too. Husband had the ham steak, mac and cheese and enjoyed both. The biscuits were a bonus and quite good.

We were completely full - wish we had room for dessert! Loved the ambience of the building. Hope we can get back for breakfast!

Reviewed 16 August 2021

My family, and another, rented a house for 5 days in the Smokey's. Due to COVID and one person in our party having cancer and other complications, we had to get takeout from various restaurants in the area, versus dining in. Wanted to mention this, as maybe it contributes to our disappointment. But I thought this restaurant was nothing short of horrible, and I'll give my reasons why. I will also mention the good (and will do that first).

The good was that they didn't have curbside, but we explained our situation, and they said we would have to wait for a bit, but someone would bring out everything to our car. That was extremely nice and they went the extra mile. Also, the order was 100% right, and we got everything we ordered (which can be tough for a $240 order).

I'm going to go over the order and tell you what I thought of each of the items we ordered. Some I have forgotten, but will give as much detail as possible...

Potato Soup - this was disgusting. It was watery and tasteless. There was so texture to this soup at all. My daughter, who lives for soup, spit it up and said it tasted like "old milk". For something that is said to be a staple to the restaurant, and is given with all the meals, it was horrible. We threw them all out.

Country Fried Steak - this was mine that I ordered, and it was horrible. The steak was tough, overcooked, and I could barely cut it, rather I just jabbed it with a forth and ate it without a knife. The breading was too fried and tasting like old oil. Lastly, it came with no country gravy. How the hell do you get this with no gravy?

Pot Roast - my wife got this, and said it was just OK. She ate most of it, but said it didn't have that typical "saltier taste" that pot roast has. Overall, said it was fairly tasteless.

Fried Chicken - someone ordered this, and said the breading was too much, and tasted like the oil was old (like my steak). The actual chicken was average and edible.

Ribs - my friend ordered the ribs, and said the meat was pretty tender, the bbq sauce was pretty good, but the skin that is on the backside of the ribs was left on, and he had to constantly tear that off when eat. Maybe it's the way they cook their ribs here, but that's typically taken off at all other restaurants.

Chicken w/ Dumplings - This tasted like Campbell's Soup to me. Again, not much taste, and nothing home made about it.

Mac N Cheese - So this one was very telling. Our friend's kid can eat mac n cheese, and loves it. However, Kraft mac and cheese from the box makes him get a rash. No clue why. Well, he got a rash. My friend tasted it and said it was totally Kraft. So you are paying for southern cooking, but you get mac and cheese from a box? Pathletic!

Cinnamon Rolls - the biggest disappointment on the planet. They brag about their cinnamon rolls, show pictures of them, which look GREAT, and then talk about their deep fried ones. We bought 4 deep fired, and 2 regular, since we thought we would be obsessed with them. So wrong! The regular ones were dry and tasteless. We poured the topping over it and it did nothing. Then the deep fried ones were literally deep fried dough. Nothing that had a cinnamon roll taste to it. One was eaten, and per the kid: "If you put a ton of chocolate on it, and also whip cream, it kind of tastes good." That says it all!

Banana Pudding - I fell in love with this at the Old Mill Restaurant (which we loved), so got it here. Nothing good about it at all. They give a HUGE container of this, but apparently because they want to get rid of it. Again, huge disappointment.

As you can see, I'm not a fan. $240 down the drain.