“We hiked with llamas! You should too!”

Smoky Mountain Llama Treks - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$72.78*
and up
Smoky Mountain Padgett Mill Llama Trek
Reviewed 15 November 2016

My daughter loves llamas, so when she saw this opportunity, we planned a weekend trip to the Smokies with her sister and me. It was worth the 9 hour drive. Steve, our guide, was informative and interesting, as he shared stories of how he came to be in the llama business. You can tell he enjoys what he does. The llamas were sweet and gentle, with one or two being a bit sassy. They stopped and ate off the trees as we walked, but were easily encouraged to keep going. Beautiful hike through the woods. I hope we get to do it again sometime. Thank you, Steve!

Steve G, Owner at Smoky Mountain Llama Treks - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

It was my pleasure to hike with you and your family...I sure had a blast meeting and knowing each and everyone of you. Thank you for the kind words and I do love what I do and it shows. Our llamas are just like people...some days are better than others and sometimes their moods change. We would definitely love to have you back!

Reviewed 13 November 2016

Really isn't what I expected but it gave me a feeling of happiness to be around them and Steve (their owner) and learn about them.

I have to tell you, the farm is approx. 30-40 minutes from Pigeon Forge. My GPS took us the back way. (up the mountain and around bends-paved roads and then gravel roads)

And the drive up to the llamas is 1 way only gravel. When we arrived, there was another couple there, but they said their goodbyes to Steve and we were left to spend time with Steve, Black Jack, General Jackson, Peanut Butter, White Lighting, Taylee, Abu, JJ Bird, Leonardo, Curly and Oscar.

Peanut Butter liked my partner so much that as you can see by the picture, wouldn't leave his side. I can't remember if it was Curly or Oscar that stayed by me and liked the idea that he was being petted.

Although we didn't actually go on a trek, Steve gave us the run down on all the LLamas and how he came to be there. We had an enjoyable hour when the next guest arrived and we bid our goodbyes.

Going back to Gatlinburg, my GPS wanted to take me up and around mountains, but I decided to back track for a little bit until I picked up the main road again and found that if I had gone thru Gatlinburg I would have traveled flat roads until I got about 10-20 minutes from the Llama farm.

We had a great time and I feel that it is a gem hidden in a jar

We definitely love and respect our clients! We know we are off the beaten path. Our farm was never intended to have visitors but with the access to the land by the farm we were able to put treks here on the farm and opened up the llama farm visits that were requested by many clients before we started them. If you keep reading the reviews you will read that many of our clients are very pleased that they made the trek out to the farm and it was usually THE most memorable thing they did while here in the Smokies. We have so many llamas I'm confident we have one that fits your personality. Come on out and do a trek with us.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

My hubby and I have been planning to visit Smoky Mountains for several years and we finally did about two weeks ago during my birthday week. I have to say the best part was the llama farm visit!!!
The owner, Steve, was soooooo friendly! He shared a lot of fun facts of llamas and his life stories with us. He really took great care of his animals and his llamas and alpaca and chicken were soooooo adorable. We took the one mile hiking trip and it was amazing. Steve actually built the trek all by himself and he did a wonderful job!!!
It was such an amazing trip and I've recommended to my friends and colleagues. We will definitely go back and visit again~~~~~~

Thank you for the kind words...I do love my animals and it shows. Unfortunately my neighbors Rooster paid a visit and took my chickens back to his home. I have an amazing story about building that trail and the people I've met since I've started hiking with llamas. You have to come out to hear these amazing stories that truly are unbelievable...but TRUE. Book your tour today and come see some llamas and hear some great stories.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

My wife ,myself and 3 daughters (16 ,18 and 22) had a great day with Steve and the llamas. I didn't tell the girls where we were going for the day and they were really excited when we got to a freaking LLAMA FARM! A great ,different ,kooky ,fun time spent outdoors with some beautiful animals in a gorgeous setting. Highly recommended as a memorable , something-different experience. GO LLAMAS!

I love clients that are super stoked by llamas! This family had a blast with our friendly, fluffy and cuddly llamas. It truly is a great way to spend time in the outdoors and see some spectacular views on the Padgett Mill Trek. Our moto is to make Smoky Mtn memories that last for decades.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to the Smoky Mountains to celebrate her birthday. I've read about this llama farm from numerous reviews and we decided to visit during our stay. It's about 40 mins from Sevierville. You might want to print out a map before driving because the signal was sparse in the mountains. There were about 10 llamas and an alpaca in the farm. We started playing with them, feeding them, and taking photos with them. They are very friendly animals. The owner, Steve, was very friendly as well. He told us about the llamas, their behavior, what they like to eat, etc. He's very knowledgeable. About 30 minutes later, we went on hiking with Steve and his two llamas. The trail was beautiful, although Oscar (one of the llamas) was having a feast of his own throughout the hike . Steve told us his journey of becoming a llama farm owner. It was a very pleasant hike. Overall, it was a delightful experience. I highly recommend a visit.

Thank you for your review and kind words. I'm humbled by the responses that our clients have posted over the years and keeps us motivated.
I agree that we are out in the back country and you should be prepared to drive down a gravel road to get to our location.
I aim to answer all of your questions about llamas and how I got into the llama business while you are here. I must say that you have to take the hike to hear all of the "fun and unbelievable" details of the journey that I promise won't disappoint.