“Awesome experience for all”

Smoky Mountain Llama Treks - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$72.78*
and up
Smoky Mountain Padgett Mill Llama Trek
Reviewed 29 January 2017

If you love animals you will for sure enjoy this. This was our first time with a personal encounter with llamas. They are so cute and funny. We had a really good time with them. The kids loved petting, feeding, and brushing them. The owner explained a lot and was very nice. Also, if you wanna know some good overlooks of the mountains near there, you should definitely ask him. He told us where to go before we got back on the interstate and the views were magnificent. Warning: wear shoes your okay getting dirty in. There is mud, and droppings everywhere when doing the farm visit.

Steve G, Owner at Smoky Mountain Llama Treks - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thanks for stopping by on your vacation we appreciated your time with us. Yes, we do live on a llama farm and llamas do use the bathroom and when it rains it gets muddy. Luckily for all of us they use the bathroom in the same spots. I try to keep up with the piles but sometimes life gets a little busy.

The views are located on the Foothills Parkway just a few miles from the house where you can see a lot of the valley and other mountain tops within miles of our location.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Location was a little difficult, typical of mountain roads. My mother could not do the trek and had to turn around immediately. I missed the part on the website that clearly states: “First 175 yards of the trail will be uphill” and “Wooded with a steep section at the beginning” – OOPS! And you have to come back down the same way you came up which was challenging on the side of a mountain with a llama! But they know what to do and follow along nicely, and I’m not a hiker so I didn’t know what to expect and this was a workout for me. Steve walked backwards on the trail most, if not all, of the time – he’s awesome and so are his llama’s!

We appreciate meeting your entire family and the llamas are well trained to not pull or get under your feet. I hated it for your mom that she wasn't able to complete the entire trek. The first sign we have at the top of the mountain says "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up...Thomas A. Edison" Because the trek to the top of the mountain is a little steep for some people.

I do have a gift of being able to walk backwards and tell stories as we complete the trek. I am always humbled by the comments of our clients. Keep going after those Goals and Dreams.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

On our way to the the site of the llama trek (which is not what's listed here on Trip Advisor), we got a little lost and were flustered. BUT as soon as we pulled around the corner and saw the llamas, all that frustration melted away.
Steve, is the owner and guide of the trek, had prepped two llamas for us to go on our hike. He was a wonderful host, very warm, open, and shared some of his stories as to how he got into the llama farm business. It made us feel very welcome and comfortable. He's part motivation speaker/part pastor/part llama guide.

We signed up for the long trek, mostly because I wanted a good hike to start up the day. We had a fantastic time hiking with our llamas to pet as we trekked. The only thing that would've made this perfect is we would have liked some time to explore the mountains along the trail on our own with the llamas.

I am glad that your frustrations left the moment you reached our farm and met our wonderful llamas. I usually start our conversation to see if you heard the dueling banjos on the way out. LOL
Most of our business comes from TripAdvisor and in order for you to find us we have to use a Sevierville address or you wouldn't know we existed. We do a trek in Sevierville at Foxfire Mtn Ziplines and use their address. When booking our confirmation sends you directions to the trailhead that you have chosen for your hike. I know this can be confusing but I have tried my best to resolve that issue.

This is the best description of who I am..."motivation speaker/part pastor/part llama guide" I have had some pretty amazing people with crazy stories that I get the pleasure of repeating to our clients. I sometimes have to pinch myself to see if I am dreaming my life.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

My wife and I did this as our first excursion for our Honeymoon. Steve was extremely friendly and we loved hiking with the Llamas. The beginning of the hike was a bit of a shocker due to the steep incline of the hill but after the initial few moments of the hike, it was smooth walking for us. Our llamas were very friendly and enjoyed every moment of it as my wife and I walked throughout the small trail Steve had made. It was quite enjoyable and worth the money. We even got a souvenir for a friend of ours who gave us a hard time about hiking with llamas.

I sure pray that your marriage last and lasts. It was my pleasure to be the first person to do an excursion with the newlyweds. It's funny how many times I have heard about people laughing at my clients for wanting to take a llama tour. It's also funny how many times I have heard how this was the best thing people did while they were in the Smokies. Our moto is we make Smoky Mtn Memories that last for decades. It's my clients that have made us who we are today through their stories.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We bought a Groupon for 10 to come to the farm. The kids (ages 2-11) all had a blast. The adults loved it. There were tons of smiles and laughter spread during that hour. We brought two large gallon zip locks of graham cracker cookies and they love it. The animals were so gentle and the guide was well informed. Would love to consider a llama trek next time!

Yes, our llamas do love their snacks and meeting new people. We love to see all kids develop the permagrin (permanent grin) regardless of age. We sure would love to have the family back for a trek next time. Then you can hear ALL the amazing stories that has built our reputation of motivation speaker/part pastor/part llama guide.