“Carry out Dumplings”
Review of Song Da

Song Da
Ranked #76 of 157 Restaurants in Smyrna
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

So far I haven't been too impressed with their entrees. It is however the typical Chinese fare. I go there for the dumplings. I have a huge thing for pork dumplings and these satisfy the craving. I especially enjoy their dumpling sauce! Mmmmm

Reviewed 27 February 2017

OK, here is the deal. I recently rediscovered a Chinese take in Smyrna close to Walmart. Always willing to try new places, Song Da seemed to be the next best thing. I had planned on the other place, but the wife said "let's give Song Da a try". And try we did! I ordered the Jumbo Garlic Shrimp. She tried the General Tso Chicken. As stated the lunch portions are far and away better than most.

My garlic shrimp was good with a FAIRLY generous portion of shrimp. That was good because if the shrimp were not present, I would not have liked the dish. On it's own the veggies, sauce and rice would not have carried this dish. To me, the shrimp should have complimented this dish, but it carried it. Shrimp was cooked just right, the veggies were a pretty close second, but the cohesiveness was not there. Did I eat it all? Yes, yes I did. I don't waste money.

Now to the General Tso chicken my wife ordered. Heavy on the breading, light on the chicken. If it had been tasty there would be no complaint here, but it wasn't. It was good, but not great. To top it off, she got sick that night. nuff said. We threw away her leftovers...

Song Da is off or our list - been there, done that...

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We have had excellent experiences with Song Da both for dining in and take out. There is a small area for dining in, probably not suitable for a group larger than 4. The service at Song Da is outstanding; we are always met with a smile and the staff happily answers any questions or special requests we may have. We are particularly fond of their soups and their spicy dishes.

1  Thank Malinda U
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This place is always consistent in quality and taste. We order from Song Da quite a bit, amazing food, great price and they are family owned and genuinely nice people. You can't go wrong with Song Da.

1  Thank sStone0508
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

The cuisine is fantastic! Most people take their meal "to go", although there is a small dining area. The portions are generous and is served by a very nice lady whose husband is the cook. This is one of those hole in the wall places that is well worth looking in to.

1  Thank Eric F