“Good Sushi”

Ninja Sushi and Japanese Grill
Ranked #39 of 161 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 July 2015

The sushi is fresh and very flavorful. It's not the best sushi I've had, but it's very good sushi for the area and when you have a sushi craving, this fills the craving in a great way.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I work in the area & was excited to see a new place open up. A few of my coworkers had tried it & said they liked it so I thought I'd order some food to go. I was able to order from my phone through the app "Beyond Menu Food Delivery". It was very simple to use & convenient.

I ordered the lunch special, for 7.99, well 8.99 because I picked fried rice. The other options I chose was crunchy shrimp roll & hibachi shrimp. They wasn't a extra charge for shrimp, which kind of had me wondering. I picked the time pick up my order & that was that.

The restaurant inside looks nice. It has a nice mood too it, not flashy, but doesn't look cheap. The staff greeted me & we very friendly and I was on my way with my food.

The food - overall I wasn't very impressed. The hibachi shrimp tastes like cooked shrimp with a teriyaki sauce poured over it. The fried rice didn't taste overly fresh. The crunchy shrimp roll was 4 pieces, the rice was room temperature & the shrimp had lost its crunch. I don't know if maybe the lunch specials are precooked for efficiency or what, but my food didn't taste fresh. The special also comes with miso soup that I didn't care for & the vegetable tempura was okay, I'd rather have had steamed vegetables. On a positive note I enjoyed the ginger dressing on the salad. I don't know if that comes from a bottle or not.

Overall I'd maybe try it again in a dine in setting, when the restaurant is busy, but I won't do the lunch to go order again.

Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

This place is good for lunch, I just don't want to oversell it and tell you it is great. If you get the bento box and water expect to pay around $10 after tip. The food is good and you get a decent size serving. Nothing special here just a different lunch option in the area.

Reviewed 29 March 2015

Server doesn't listen to request.
Chicken broth just barely warm.
One server can't do justice to a facility, start up but a good way to lose customers.
Can't recommend, my last visit.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

The food is really good here. FYI: The food is cooked in the kitchen not in front of you. Since they don't cook the food at the table the prices are far more reasonable than other Japanese restaurants in the area. We go there often for lunch.

Been to Ninja Sushi and Japanese Grill? Share your experiences!