“Good Food”

Minami Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 157 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

When we first arrived it was dead in there on a Friday night. However it turned out to be a very nice meal. The service was good, the hibachi chef was great, and the food was the best hibachi I've had in a long time.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

Surprisingly my first time here...
This is one of those "don't judge a book by its cover" type deals. Doesn't look like much on the outside, but it's quite the hidden little gem
Sushi bar, Hibachi grills, and regular tables,
but we wanted Hibachi-
Comes w/ salad with a really good ginger dressing, but a LOT of it,.. almost like soup in the bottom. (But i didn't come for salad, so i was not deterred)
After salad- soup. Not sure what it was,.. Mostly tasted like a chicken broth with a few onions sliced in, but i ate almost all of it, so there ya go
Then comes the show!
So much fun. Don't remember our guy's name, but he was awesome.
Everything ordered- Filet Mignon, Shrimp, Lobster, Chicken, Steak
Every single thing DELICIOUS and perfectly cooked.
(Found a tiny bit of shell in the lobster, but didn't mind)
Rice and veggies were good as well, I don't eat onions though, and there were a lot, so i had to pick them out, but next time I'll know to order without onions possibly

I'm not a big sushi person, but looking through these pictures from the past reviews, I may just have to try some! It did look good walking by the sushi bar
WILL BE BACK!

Reviewed 20 July 2015

This is a great restaurant! Food is always fresh and wonderful. A favorite spot for my wife and I. Kids always seem to enjoy the hibachi show before eating. Definitely recommend,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

They open their doors for dinner at 4:30 p.m. There is no line of excited patrons waiting outside the door. No wonder. There is a strong odor that hits you when you walk in and lingers the entire time you are there. It smells somewhat like rancid cooking oil of some type.

I spent $30 for take out - two types of sushi for my son and a teriyaki dinner for myself. My son, who rates all sushi he has ever had at a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10, said the sushi was a 5.

As for the teriyaki dinner, I was extremely disappointed. The accompanying soup was like Swanson's broth out of a can—very salty with absolutely nothing in it except a couple of floating scallion pieces. The little salad was OK. The rice was very greasy and had the same smell to it as the strong odor that hits you when you walk in the door. There was nothing in the rice but a few small pieces of scrambled egg. The chicken was dried up and cut into little squares. It and hard to swallow and very bland. The sauce it was sitting in was watery and flavorless—nothing savory here.

All I could think about after eating only a third of my dinner was how much better a corn dog or a piece of KFC would taste right about now. It gave me a stomachache about an hour later, too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 January 2008

Good sushi close to home.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Minami Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!