Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
View deal
Free cancellation until 13/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$89
PricelineUS$89
FindHotelUS$89
All reviews rocking chairs original hotel upper section ice maker large balcony cades cove beautiful view of the mountains water pressure was good clean sheets door knob chain hotels water heater hotel staff four nights one night stay check in was easy short drive
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2019

This motel is a perfect spot to enjoy the mountains. I recently spent a week there and enjoyed the town, restaurants, mountains and the motel. The rooms were a nice size, recently updated with new furniture, flooring and bed. The balcony was a nice relaxing spot each night to enjoy the sunsets and a beverage. Very quite and safe.

The staff was very friendly. The owner "Hugh" lives on the property is is always checking in on us to see if we need anything. I will definately be back next year.

Room tip: Book early. A best kept secret.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat3147
HughUSA, Director of Sales at Townsend River Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

Hello Pat, it was a pleasure having you and your friends staying with us. We are working hard to make our little Inn an even better place. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 3 July 2019

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last 20+ years of frequenting my home away from home, formerly known as Headrick's Riverbreeze, now Townsend River Breeze Inn, under new ownership. During this long tenure, I usually book 4-5 days due to extended hiking trips in the Smokies. Before the remodeling begin, I was lead to believe by the new ownership, that the upper rooms would continue to have full size frig units. I need this accommodation for my extended stays. I have recently discovered that this is most likely not the case. There are only two rooms left that have this luxury; all others are the minis. This will be a game changer for me, in terms of my future stay. I guess all good things must come to an end. I will have to make other arrangements in the future. I have enjoyed my visits here over the past couple of decades, but it appears that this will not be the case moving forward. We shall see. It's been a great experience. I would be remiss if I didn't offer a shout out to Janice, Rita, and "mom". The staff is simply the best. Thanks for everything you do and to a lot of great memories! You are all Rock Stars!

Room tip: The Upper rooms are my favorite.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2019

The Owners are Remodeling all the rooms,the two I stayed in were very well appointed and clean,with high quality bedding.. There are two swimming pools,one looking out to Rolling foothills and An old barn on the property. All of this at the entrance of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.,as is the quaint town of Townsend. Unlike Pigen forge and Gatlinburg, the only traffic jam we had,were The Momma Bear And Cubs crossing the road..All at the same time we weren’t far from ;Gatlinburg; Pigen forge,Maryville,Knoxville,as well as the Airport. Thanks Hugh Smith for your Hospitality.

Date of stay: May 2019
HughUSA, Director of Sales at Townsend River Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2019

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you soon again here.

Reviewed 1 June 2019

This hotel has a great location to national parks. The views are beautiful. Really enjoyed the remodel on the rooms. Very nice and clean place to stay. The new owners are very friendly and will accommodate your requests if they can. I will definitely be back!

Date of stay: May 2019
david3117, Owner at Townsend River Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2019

Hello Kate, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards,
Townsend River Breeze Staff

Reviewed 28 May 2019

This older hotel on the Peaceful Side of the Smokies has been updated. The room does not compare to a more modern facility but the we found the updates to be acceptable for our needs. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The rockers in front of each room were a nice touch. The air conditioning unit seemed to freeze up periodically and the room would get stuffy causing me to think I would hesitate to stay here in the heat of the summer. And speaking of heat, it was I the low 90s this weekend but neither of the 2 pools on the property were open and did not appear that they would be soon.

Room tip: Some rooms are at street level and some are up the hill away from traffic.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
HughUSA, Owner at Townsend River Breeze Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2019

Hello Rebecca, thank you for your Review. Both of the Pools are in the process of getting converted to saltwater and we are waiting on parts. We had the pool open at our neighbor property and guests were able to use it. We just aquired this property late last year and updating it daily. 90 % of the rooms are renovated already and soon we start on the exterior. We hope to see you soon again so you can see how we move on.