Twin Elm Guest Ranch
Best Western Boerne Inn & Suites(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$81
BestWestern.com
US$67
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$99
Hampton.com
US$85
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$59
Motel 6
Bandera Lodge(Bandera)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Executive Inn(Comfort)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrv parkguest ranchthe riverhorseback ridingvhs tapesvery cool placebeautiful resortincredible staffmust visit placefield triptube ridecooked mealsair hockeyclean roomsvaried activitiesamazing personstep back in time
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Wow!!! I set out to camp in my tent for the weekend and got so lucky by finding this amazing ranch! Kathyln, the Ranch manager is so warm and friendly and her cooking is some of the best southern cuisine I've had, hands down. Brisket and mashed potoae and the fixins' heaven! She really knows how to make you (and your dog!) feel at home. I had incredible horseback riding experience with Kevin and Ann - the wranglers. They are so authentic and fun and take you through some breathtaking country. If you have never been riding they are total pros at showing you the ropes, literally! I got to choose between a gorgeous primitive camp site on the flowing Medina river or on a field next to the horse ranch. Since I was solo, I chose not to go primitive and I also didn't mind the super clean bathrooms, hot shower and clubhouse being walking distance. I had a beautiful field all to myself! complete with sunsets over the pristine hill country. I had so much fun out there that I moved into a cabin to work for a couple more days. I just couldn't leave! The cabin was immaculate and cozy with a great heater and A/C for wacky Texas winter weather when it can by 85 or 50 degrees in the same day! The town of Bandera is just a coupe miles away and has all the small town charm you could ever want. I am so happy to have found this gem. If you love natural beauty, authenticity and a cozy setting you have found your destination. Thank you TE!!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

You are so kind and so much fun. You are the most talented photographer in the world and we really appreciate all the pictures that you took of the ranch. You were the best Valentine date I have ever had. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

This is a beautiful resort for relaxing and seeing the beauty of nature. The cabins are nice. They have scheduled horse rides that are fun for all ages. Hay rides- swimming are also available. . My husband and I have been to this resort 4 times and the atmosphere and hospitality are wonderful. I highly recommend this guest ranch for a fun and relaxing place to enjoy .

Room Tip: Any rooms are within walking distance to the activities
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

We sure do enjoy having you at the ranch and wish that you could have stayed longer. Everybody is still talking about how much they enjoyed Charlie at the party. We can't wait to have you come back again.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

During a recent trip to San Antonio, Barb and I decided to take a trail ride.
We looked at a couple of ranches and decided on Twin Elm Ranch, just outside of Bandera TX. It was a great choice for us and we were in luck, as we called on short notice and Kathlyn said, "sure, come on out". We arrived and went to the office where we found Kathlyn at work . Within a few minutes, our horses and wranglers were ready to set out. It was a small group (just the 4 of us), so we were able to stop for pictures and enjoy the outstanding scenery. The ride lasted well over an hour and our wranglers, Butch and Kevin, were outstanding. We made several creek crossings, rode through woods and fields, saw some wildlife and just had a great time. The price was very reasonable, under $75 for both Barb and I, for over an hour long ride, with photo stops and great narration by our wranglers,Butch and Kevin. It was totally relaxing and enjoyable and I would highly recommend Twin Elm ranch without reservation. It is located close to San Antonio, and the people there are so friendly. If in the area, stop for a trail ride, and say hello to Butch, Kathlyn and Kevin.
You might get to catch a glimpse of a Mountain Lion.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Joe we are thrilled that you chose our ranch to come visit. We do have the most gorgeous and fun trail rides in the world and we are certainly hoping that you will come join us again as the weather continues to improve. When the flowers are all in bloom it is just breathtaking. I appreciate you taking the time to write us such a wonderful review. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We visited the ranch for the holidays again this year. As always, the ranch was wonderful and the management and staff did not disappoint.
At this ranch you will find a relaxing atmosphere and friendly folks willing to please.
Great trails for horseback riding and hiking, crystal clear river on the property, and lots of cool history.
Hay rides, campfires...so much fun.
Can't wait to load up the kids and get back out there soon!
Cocheis will be missed.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

There is no way I could ever express how much I adore your family. We wish you didn't live so far away and could come to the ranch more often. Believe it or not we haven't baked one cookie since our little chefs left. Hugs of love to each of you!

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

My family of five stayed with Kathlyn at Twin Elm for a few days over New Year. We loved it and will definitely remember our stay as one of the highlights of our trip across the US. The accommodation is rustic, clean and comfortable. The scenery around the river is lovely. The very interesting town of Bandera was within a short, easy drive and there was more than enough for my three teenagers to do. Over and above the resources of the ranch were the people. Kathlyn is simply a Texan treasure. So accommodating .. she really made us feel like we were staying with mates. Kevin is great in his role as wrangler he makes a difficult job look easy and is very engaging. We are so wrapt to have spent our New Year at Twin Elm. Thank you so much Kathlyn, Kevin and all.

Gillian and family

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

You just melted my heart. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It is such a joy to share the love of this ranch and it is such a magical place to come and stay with your family. Please come again soon.