Flying L Ranch Resort(Bandera)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
US$65
Pioneer River Resort(Bandera)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$35
Pitchup.com
All reviewsrv parkguest ranchthe riverhorseback ridingvery cool placebeautiful resortincredible staffmust visit placefield triptube ridecooked mealsair hockeyclean roomsvaried activitiesamazing personstep back in timeenjoyed every minute
Reviewed 22 July 2017

the Twin Elm Ranch is a great authentic wild west ranch. We enjoyed being there. Everybody is friendly and wants to talk about life and history here.

We did a nice peaceful tuberide on the river. My wife does usually not like tubing, but this was a good experience since we did not go very fast.

We also went to the Rodeo on friday night. That was fantastic. We feel blessed to have been to a real live rodeo made by the locals for the locals with lots of bullfighting, barrel racing, roping and more where both adults and kids participated. And a special thanks to the food stand for the superb brisket sliders.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Awe...we are so happy that you had such a good time. So happy your wife braved the river riding. We appreciate your kind review and can't wait for you to come back again.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Went for the first time with my brother and his family and absolutely fell in love with the ranch .. The pool area was very clean, as well as the bathroom facilities. Breakfast was nice treat as long as you let the front know the day before you are having breakfast .. can't wait to go again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

We appreciate your kind words and are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. It always looks like so much fun when families get together and camp down by the river. Next time I am coming for a visit. We can't wait to have your family back!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Last week, I had the privilege of taking 22 6th-12th graders along with myself and 4 other adults for a two night stay at Twin Elm. When I first conceived this trip from East Tennessee to Texas, this is exactly the experience I and my students envisioned. We had an amazing time. Where to begin?
The food- delicious, basic and filling. We enjoyed a full country breakfast. For lunch- homemade hamburgers, chips, homemade cookies and more. Supper was a delicious pot roast with baked beans, lime and chili corn on the cob, and blackberry and peach cobbler for dessert. We all loved it.
The activities- The trail rides were superb through the beautiful land of the ranch. Most of my students said this was the highlight for them. Kathlyn and her staff had planned thoroughly so that all of us would have time to ride. We started rides at 8:30am so that the last group would finish around 12:30pm. In other words, they started early so that none would be too hot.
I personally loved tubing down the river. The water is crystal clear. It is a relaxing and fun hour or two of floating. Almost all of us tried the rope swing into the water as well. The staff takes you and your group's tubes and drops you off and then picks you up at the end of the run. On the day that we went tubing, we were some of the few on the river. I don't know this is the norm or not, but it was wonderful.
In addition to riding and tubing, there are basketball and volleyball courts, a swimming pool, and a game room. There's a nice hammock for naps as well.
An unexpected treat was the extra special hospitality shown to us by Kathlyn. On our first night, two of my boys banged heads on the basketball court and required stitches. Off Kathlyn took us in her pickup to the hospital in the next town over. With little sleep she cooked for us and hung out the next night with our entire group. That second night, Kathlyn couldn't wait to hear our choir sing. She was so gracious in her complements with our group. We took a little field trip to the RV park to sing for some folks she knew who could use some joy. The choir was warmly received there as well. The kids enjoyed a few roping lessons and of course s'mores around the campfire.
The whole ranch promotes togetherness and camaraderie with a group. The grounds are relaxing and rejuvenating. I would love to come back and bring my wife and girls as a family. I would also love to be there sometime for their rodeo. I'm sure it's amazing. I can not recommend Twin Elm Ranch enough. This is a place our group will remember for years to come. Thanks Kathlyn and staff!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

WOW! Just WOW! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing review ! We were the ones blessed by your group. All of us at the ranch enjoyed hearing your kids sing. I think your choir needs a recording contract so we can listen to them all the time!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I was at Twin Elm with 22 youth and 4 other adults. We had a wonderful experience. Kathlyn was very accommodating. The food was wonderful and there was always plenty of it. The accommodations are clean and rustic. No fault of the ranch, but two of our youth had an accident and had to go to the emergency room. Kathlyn drove them and stayed with them until 2am in the morning. Enjoyed very much and would go back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Your group was wonderful and they sang like angels. We really loved the fact that your group sang for our rv guest too. We would love to have your group come back again. Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review !

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This is our third year staying with Ms Kathlyn and all her great staff at the Twin Elm Guest Ranch. The experience is always what you expect. The food is genuine cowboy and great! and Ms Kathlyn is always there to make sure you enjoy the experience :) The wranglers are wonderful with the riders, specially the kids. It's a place where the views are beautiful, the kids have space to roam and the all can have the real cowboy experience.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
TwinElm, Manager at Twin Elm Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We already miss the boys and couldn't believe how big they had gotten. Looking forward to having you back next year.