Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$175
Flying L Ranch Resort(Bandera)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
US$65
US$71
Twin Elm Guest Ranch(Bandera)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$108
Pioneer River Resort(Bandera)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$35
Pitchup.com
Best Western Boerne Inn & Suites(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$85
Executive Inn(Comfort)
US$54
US$59
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$84
All reviewscowboy larryboot camphorseback ridingoutdoor poolhalf day tripmy daughtercamp firelonghorn cattleranch handswagon ridedude ranch experienceamazing experienceoutside worldsalad barfajitasnovice riderssan antonio
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I arranged for 10 of our leaders to meet for 1 1/2 days at Rancho Cortez. The location is great - the staff is friendly and very welcoming. Everyone enjoyed the experience very much and I can wholeheartedly recommend it for business meetings and families, alike. They truly bend over backwards to make you comfortable and to make sure you have a great "cowboy" experience. I wish we could have stayed longer, but they did a good job making sure that we didn't just work, but were also able to enjoy some horseback riding and "team building" activities! I would happily come here with family and friends - and hope to do so in the future!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Enjoyed my stay at Rancho Cortez, my cabin was clean and my bed was very comfortable. The meals were great, loved their freshly baked desserts and hot coffee. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I was there on business but this is an excellent place for families to stay at too. Lots of fun.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Never been to a place quite like Rancho, but it made a business meeting a wonderful experience. Great people that make you feel right at home, regardless of why you are there.The food was great, accomodations were clean and comfortable and the riding instruction and stories from the Ranch owner Larry, are second to none. Thanks for a great experience and I'll bring back the family.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Excellent getaway in the heart of the Texas Hill country. Friendly and helpful staff that makes you feel like family. Food quality was outstanding......brisket was amazing. Very clean cabins and and comfortable beds. Riding instruction was first class.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

The Rancho Cortez is a credit to the family who dedicate so much time and energy to keeping the guests happy and occupied during their stay. The ranch provides a health/boot camp for some guests, a riding camp for kids and also paying guests like my wife and I. We decided to do something different as part of our 3 week honeymoon across America and I am delighted that we chose Rancho Cortez as part of that trip.
Please note, if you are looking for a hotel / spa experience with little to no interaction with anyone involved in the day to day running of the place... don't book the Rancho Cortez.
If you are looking for a warm and friendly environment, designed to make you feel like part of the family / community during your stay, interacting with people who take an interest in giving you what you want during your stay with them... then Chris, Josh and Larry will deliver.
Our first night on arrival, we were greeted by Larry and invited to feed the Longhorn before the sun went down, we had fun feeding these massive beasts and I was even challenged by Larry to grab one of them "by the horns". After a brief visit to our room, which is basic but comfortable, exactly what I had hoped for an authentic feel to my cowboy experience, we headed in for dinner. Dinner is a canteen experience, again added to the authenticity for me and gave us an opportunity to meet other guests and quiz the locals about Bandera.
An evening of story telling and beers from the cooler box followed (alchohol is BYOB at the ranch) sat around the camp fire... with Larry performing a well rehearsed story until the stars came out.
Each day after that, began with a trail ride and opportunities were made for small groups to take tuition in the training arenas. Bear in mind they are a v busy ranch, trying to accommodate everyone's needs so you may be required to be flexible on when you ride.. but this was not a big deal for us at all. Laid back and relaxed was the order of the day.
There are outdoor and indoor swimming pools and a hot tub if you want to take it easy in the heat.
Chris gave us a tip where to buy boots and get a malt shake in Bandera and the lady at the General Store was very friendly and even threw the shake in for free as we had bought boots! Our stay ended with a local rodeo, with the camp girls performing barrel runs on the horses for us to cheer on, it even had a high diving donkey. What more can you ask for?
I could ramble on until I run out of characters... but will summarize with saying this is a very genuine and fun family, providing an authentic feeling experience and I hope I get the opportunity to go back and take our kids there! Well done guys, I couldn't of asked for better and my offer still stands if you ever want to sell Gunner the dog!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple