“Delicious Dinner!”

Hanami Sushi Teppan Bar
Ranked #10 of 129 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Hanami is a unique South East Asian-style dining experience in the heart of Texas. Our communal dining style embodies the spirit of the family unit in Asia, and it is this sense of community that we strive to replicate. Shared dishes are the norm, whereas we punctuate intimate bursts of flavor from the start of the meal to set the stage, and at the end of the meal for reflection. Led by acclaimed Chef Pat Dao, our menu emphasizes freshness, presentation and above all, flavor. Food should look great and diners should be able to recall with pinpoint accuracy the flavor they experience.
Reviewed 10 March 2017

My husband and I have lived in California for the last five year and have become borderline sushi snobs. We were worried about finding quality sushi in Texas, but were pleased when we had dinner here! We ordered various rolls and sashimi, and the quality of all the fish was much higher than we expected. We've gone back a few times already and will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

So I know nothing about sushi beyond the California Rolls you can buy in the grocery stores--just putting that out there before I continue with the review. I was alone, so I sat at the bar hoping to engage the Asian bartender because I'm going to Japan in a few weeks and wanted to at least be able to disguise my ignorance of Japanese food. Alas, when I asked him where he was from before I started to practice my few Japanese words, he replied "Las Vegas." Pretty sure that was a stopover for him though because he did not have a Las Vegas accent. Helpful though, he was, and guided me to a sake he thought I might like (Haiku, kind of a Japanese champagne) and the Rock and Roll in the menu. I also threw in the veggie tempura because, hey, I do know tempura! I had a great time, learned a few things, and plan to try the Japanese whiskey on my next trip.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We went here for my birthday which is on New Years Eve! Had reservations for 9 people on the Teppan side. The food was great, the cook was hilarious and service was awesome. Love their sushi too. Their menu is a little pricey but for special occasions its OK. I highly recommend this place over other sushi resteraunts. We will go back again!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

From sushi and chefs at your table to presentation and service, this restaurant is mid-priced HIGH value in every way. Pandora's Box offers four courses with at least 3 choices in each category. The list of sushi is impressive. I will return again.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Service, food and Hibachi 'entertainment' was fantastic. Prices were very reasonable.We have been back about 5 times since it opened and are very happy to have this style of restaurant in our neighborhood. Very nice,refreshing change from the 'norm'..