“Passing Through Vacation”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Everything good about this place. Had microwave, fridge. Shower was nice, towels. Bed was comfortable, pillows great & covers nice. Breakfast was good.

I can't say anything negative about this place. I will stay again when my travels take me n/ that area.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Brownwood-HIE-Staff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, but most importantly, thank you for being our guest! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return.

Safe Travels,
Shannon F.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

I have stayed in many Holiday Inn facilities. This was by far the best, nicest, cleanest, with the most friendly helpful employees I have ever been in. Management should be proud. Nice small town feel. Hotel very clean. Room very spacious,very clean, king bed. Nice sitting area. Breakfast fine, very friendly lady overseeing it. Good coffee.
Couldn't ask for a better experience. Restaurants within walking distance was a plus.

Room Tip: Room 308 in middle of bldg. Overlooks parking lot. Extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2016

My room was clean and somewhat spacious. The bed was very comfortable, with a choice of soft or firm pillows. The motel was easy to find--on a main road-- and within walking distance to several restaurants. There is plentiful parking. I recommend that visitors book in advance to lock in an acceptable (good?) price as last minute bookings can be costly here.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Brownwood-HIE-Staff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Thank you for your review. We appreciate having you as our guest, and hope to see you again.

Safe Travels,
Shannon,F.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

This holiday inn at Brownwood, TX was about an average hotel. When driving up to the hotel front parking lot, the area was clean. Check in process speed was ok. Front desk representative had a problem finding my reservation because she was searching through what looked like a rolodex. After the check in process, I went to my room. I stayed in a king size bed and the room was a decent size. There were 4 pillows on the bed, 2 firm and 2 soft, which was a plus. The room had a adequate space for a king bed, dresser, desk, couch, chair, coffee table and a mini kitchenette. There was a 32" television with what looked as though it was satellite television. A few of the channels would lose signal right when I was in the middle of watching a movie, or a basketball game. That's why I figured it was satellite television. The wireless internet was a bit of a hassle. I kept having to enter the password every 15-30 minutes. Maybe it was my device being idle and disconnecting from their DHCP network.

I stayed on the second floor and even though there was a sign that stated vending and ice machine, the ice machine was missing. So if I wanted, or needed ice, the machine was located on the first floor. My coworker stayed on the third floor and apparently, there is no ice machine on that floor either because he asked where the ice machine was located on the first floor.

Breakfast was alright. They served a warm breakfast that included eggs, sausage or bacon, turkey sausage, and biscuits and sausage gravy. They also had yogurt, cereal, cinnamon rolls, fruit (didn't seem very fresh), oatmeal and various other items. The breakfast attendant kept the area clean and made sure everything was replenished. They were very attentive to the area. Breakfast would have been a little better if they offered hash browns, or some type of potatoes, and as a personal preference, Tabasco sauce. Tabasco is great on eggs and hash browns, if you can stand the heat.

Overall, the stay at this hotel was decent for the price. There are a few different selections in Brownwood, TX and I just happened to choose IHG brand hotels.

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. You can read my other reviews under steveh1993. As always, enjoy life and safe travels.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Brownwood-HIE-Staff, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Wow! What a review! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such thorough feedback on the Brownwood Holiday Inn Express! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We do apologize for the few issues you encountered and we hope you will give us another chance. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Safe travels,
Melanie
Director of Sales

Reviewed 6 April 2016

My wife and I had stood by her mothers bedside and watched her take her last breath that evening. We needed to stay in town in order to finalize paperwork with the funeral home the following morning. We stopped by to book a room at 0230 AM and were told that they has already given their allotted quota of bereavement discounts and we needed to speak to the manager when we checked out 7 hours later. The manager said they don't give discounts when they are near capacity. I asked if she expected more people to book a room at 0230 in the morning? Her reply "You did". This will be my last stay at any Holiday Inn.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim M
Brownwood-HIE-Staff, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

We are so, so sorry for your loss. We can only imagine how difficult that must have been for you both. We also want to apologize for the rate issue that you encountered upon arrival. Unfortunately, when we do meet our limit for discount rates, there isn't much that we can do. We are terribly sorry for this inconvenience and we truly hope that you will give us another chance. Thank you for being our guest and our prayers go out to you and your family.

Safe travels,
Melanie
Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
0.7 km away
5.9 km away
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#4 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brownwood? Share your experiences!