“Delicious”
Review of Jamaican Summers

Jamaican Summers
Ranked #29 of 148 Restaurants in Burleson
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I was in a mood for Jamaican food today and found this place. So glad I did as everything was delicious. I had the jerk chicken with cabbage and pea rice. It was mildly spicy but a heat that doesn't linger on and on. Chicken was cooked to fall off the bone but still be juicy. They served it on top of a brown gravy that was incredible.

The food was so good. I brought home jerk chicken (yes good enough for two in a day), also chicken curry and kreng kreng. All dishes were just as delicious. The chicken curry was mild and tasty in a light coating of yellow curry. The kreng kreng is best described as pork curry in a dark brown sauce. Of all the dishes, the kreng kreng was probably my favorite but I don't recall seeing it on the menu. The owner recommended trying it and I'm glad he did. Btw, I also picked up a veggie plate for the kids and it was delicious too. Pea rice, cabbage, kale, and plantains.

The restaurant looks like a converted house that has been very colorfully painted. The owners were very friendly and helpful in deciding dishes.

I will definitely be back. I like supporting local and when it's as good as this place I expect to be there a few times.

Food was

Reviewed 18 November 2017

In the suburban wasteland of chain restaurants and fast food that is the cornerstone of Johnson County "cuisine" is Jamaican Summers on Renfro close to old town. All I can say is wow. The food and the owners are as authentic as you can get. We had the jerk chicken and curry goat and both were fresh, flavorful and transported us straight back to the Caribbean. The service was spot on, and did I mention how delicious the food was? This crave-worthy place is definitely on our radar and we will happily go back any time!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food with authentic Jamaican taste. Authentic atmosphere as well will make you feel you are at a Jamaican local eatery in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios. The jerk chicken or any of the curry dishes are excellent and do not forget to get an order of plantains.

1  Thank RockF179
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

It was fantastic. I've been here before and have been ready to try it again. I really enjoyed the food and the people there are super friendly. I recommend it to anyone that wants to try something different than the average chain options.

2  Thank JJSees