“Huge Disappointment”

Mojo's TexMex Smokehouse and Grill
Ranked #14 of 143 Restaurants in Burleson
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I am wondering how this place is rated so high, because I had a terrible experience; I would give negative stars if I could. I had high hopes, based on the reviews. It is similar to Chipotle in how it the service line is set up, but the similarities end there! First, the prices were higher than Chipotle, and the portions were considerably smaller...first complaint: poor value. Second complaint was the meat was COLD and had a very weird sweet taste. Also, the chips were cold too! Third complaint: my daughter found a HAIR in her food. Yuck! I knew exactly which girl's hair it was because her hair was not tied back when she served us our food. Fourth complaint: this place is obviously very poorly managed. One of the girl employees decided to go get some food and sit down in the dining room with other customers...which I didnt necessarily have a problem with until she decided to flip another person off! It was clear that she knew this person and was probably joking around, but there were kids (mine included) in the dining room. Needless to say, we will NEVER be back. Poor quality food, poor management, I can go on and on...

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

So glad we decided to eat here!
The style of ordering is similar to Chipotle but the similarities end there!
I ordered a brisket burrito and my friend got steak tacos.
The meat was so tender and had an amazing flavor! We both expected the steak to be tough and hard to chew but they were super soft pieces!
We had an order of queso to share. Simple but really good!
The restaurant has that small town, hole-in-the-wall feel.
Staff was top notch!
I will definitely be returning when I'm in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I was driving through. This place is relatively easy to get to from I-35W but watch out because it is easy to pass up as the building blends in on the side of the road. It is right next to Whataburger so just remember to turn right after the Whataburger.

I ordered a breakfast brisket burrito. It was fantastic! Meat was juicy with a great smokey taste. It kind of tasted like it may have been smoked with applewood. The total was $4.06 which included tax. I thought the food was very reasonably priced

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We love coming to Mojo's. The meat is delicious and the options for eating it are great. The servings are big too.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I was greeted warmly and with a big Texas smile when I entered this cool little place. Chose the briscuit, pulled pork, and chicken 3 taco sampler. I was amazed when the young lady pulled off 3 handfuls of dough, pressed, and cooked my made-from-scratch flour tortillas! Their briscuit was melt-in-your-mouth delicious with the perfect amount of smokiness, and the chicken and pork tacos were equally fantastic. This isn't Chipotle, y'all! The salsa and chips, and rice were also wonderful. I highly recommend this place!