“If you smoke you will love this place”

Double D Family Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Comfort
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Huge bar next to the small restaurant. You might as well sit in the bar to have a meal. The smell of cigarette smoke permeates every space. We won't go back!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We went here for dinner. It was an interesting place - a bar with music, pool, and smoking allowed on one side and the restaurant on the other. There was one waitress for the restaurant side. She was very nice, but a little flustered. Our food was fine - We had a salad and a club sandwich. We saw chicken fried steak go by that looked very good too.

I'm not sure I would go back given other choices, but it was fine. Our only problem was the potholes in their driveway. We hit one on the way out and ended up with a flat tire.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

We were staying in Comfort and decided to try this place for an early dinner. I was a little hesitant at first just because of the outside appearance. Once inside, the waitress was super-friendly and the food was TERRIFIC! Three of us ordered a different type of burger each, but it was by far the best burger I've had anywhere else. My son ordered the steak (which I'm always hesitant to order because I'm so picky) and he received the BEST steak I've ever tasted at a restaurant. Everybody was so pleased with their food. We will definitely be going back the next time we are near Comfort.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

The menu is very diverse, French, German, Mexican and diner style. You are served quickly and wait staff is friendly! We love the food, but atmosphere is a little old and could use a little cleaning up.

1  Thank TexasChic13
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We cruised the town, even tried to visit one place that seemed to be a locals-only event with smokers on the porch. So we found a boisterous pool game on one end at this restaurant, but the dining room was almost empty. Had substantial grilled cheese sandwiches & rings & fries, all fresh & tasty without that "used oil" taste. Not my usual meal, but with a Dos XX, it ended the day well!

1  Thank Iveseenworse