“Breakfast for lunch ”

Double D Family Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Comfort
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Looking for a lunch spot in Comfort and we stumbled upon Double D. Saw the trip advisor sticker on the door and felt good about our decision to stop. My husband was so happy to see they served breakfast all day. I enjoyed the Fiesta grilled cheese sandwich with onion rings. It took awhile but the food was hot and good, the coffee was endless.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We had an interesting lunch here...I think its probably a better breakfast p!ace and great bar than anything. The menu was quite extensive for such a local diner. The mashed potatoes were real potatoes , cream gravy was OK , chicken fried steak was home made but our waiter was alone and had his hands full.... So service was slow( not his fault). The thing that made this so fun was we sat in the corner by the window. We didn't notice the big red fire bell behind us on the wall. Apparently the drive through clings this bell very loudly when a car goes through it. My husbands heart is strong! And everyone in the place had a laugh!!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Huge bar next to the small restaurant. You might as well sit in the bar to have a meal. The smell of cigarette smoke permeates every space. We won't go back!

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We went here for dinner. It was an interesting place - a bar with music, pool, and smoking allowed on one side and the restaurant on the other. There was one waitress for the restaurant side. She was very nice, but a little flustered. Our food was fine - We had a salad and a club sandwich. We saw chicken fried steak go by that looked very good too.

I'm not sure I would go back given other choices, but it was fine. Our only problem was the potholes in their driveway. We hit one on the way out and ended up with a flat tire.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

We were staying in Comfort and decided to try this place for an early dinner. I was a little hesitant at first just because of the outside appearance. Once inside, the waitress was super-friendly and the food was TERRIFIC! Three of us ordered a different type of burger each, but it was by far the best burger I've had anywhere else. My son ordered the steak (which I'm always hesitant to order because I'm so picky) and he received the BEST steak I've ever tasted at a restaurant. Everybody was so pleased with their food. We will definitely be going back the next time we are near Comfort.