Executive Inn(Comfort)
US$54
Super 8 by Wyndham Kerrville TX(Kerrville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$62
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

US$40
EconoLodge
Best Western Sunday House Inn(Kerrville)(Great Value!)
US$90
HIExpress.com
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$53
TripAdvisor
All reviewslog cabinhill countrymy husband and ifocal pointget awaystep back in timegreat showerwithin easy driving distancebeautiful historic hotelsmall towngreat place to staymodern convenienceslittle gemfront porchnight's sleeppeace and quietpabst
Reviewed 25 February 2018

This was a hard one to rate. I was torn. I liked the hotel well enough...and really wanted to. Bed was extremely comfortable, the accommodations quaint...which would have garnered this rating more stars...I really wanted to give it 5-stars....but there were some issues that I just could not get past or understand which made the stars fade down to under average. Average, in my book would be at least a non-descript hotel or motel that was at least clean and fairly comfortable for a night's stay on a cross-country trip that met expectations...so I really could not give Hotel Farse, ahem...Faust...better than an average review.

First of all, we stayed out back in the log cabin. Really cool room...and we were particularly fond of the huge fireplace in the room. It was very cold during our visit, so my wife and I wanted to get cozy and have a nice fire. So I ventured out on the doorway to see if there was any firewood on the front porch. No. Seriously? The only thing out there besides the two chairs and a little table was an empty wine bottle and a dirty wine glass on the table. But no firewood for a log cabin with a fireplace as it's main focal point? So I walked around the property, and no wood pile to be found.

Now, since this is a property with no one to talk to after 5-pm, I called the emergency number at about 7pm to inquire about firewood. The answering service said they would send a message to the owners to have them contact me since they were clueless on how to answer the simply question of where to find firewood. Said they would call me within 30 minutes. Never ever happened. No call back whatsoever...as if I were being totally ignored. Hard to believe. The next day, I inquired with the staff in the office, and they said, "Oh...we really don't like guests to build a fire in there because the room fills up with smoke and it probably is due to the chimney not being cleaned in a long while". Great. Thanks a lot for that. I said, "why then do you leave one of those long lighters on the mantel? The answer was (with a chuckle), "Sorry, it's not supposed to be up there". Awkward moment.

Next was the issue with the ice machine. That first night, my wife and I wanted to make a cocktail, so we went to the ice machine. No ice. In fact, it was in this little piddly tiny freezer that was no bigger than our ice maker in our fridge at home. And this for the entire hotel? Pffft. If you stay here, better bring your own ice! No one to call after 5pm!

Then came the shocker. I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. While in there, I reached for my phone...(plugged in to charge), and when the phone illuminated the bathroom, much to my surprise was this huge cockroach sitting on the vanity top just a foot away from me. Ugh... So absolutely disappointing. Sooo..with the ice you bring, you might wan to bring a can of Raid. And what's with all the tape around the gazebo out back keeping people off of it... LAZY and uncaring management! And manager-owners that won't even return the call of a paying guest...

The poor rating I gave is more directed toward the poor and lacking management owners...and the comfortable bed and cool cabin kept me from giving it a 'terrible' rating. Note I said cool cabin. I refer to the aesthetics, but the inside temperature ironically fits the description as well without a fire. At least the heater worked. Had there been a level of professional management here, we would have had a fire, we would have had ample ice, and we would NOT have had the little bathroom visitor with it's twitching antennae...

Room Tip: If you stay, go for the cabin, but regardless, be aware of what I experienced.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2018

The cabin was spacious and relaxing! No small detail was overlooked. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the cabin was very clean. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quick getaway. Will definitely look forward to our next stay!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank missyr294
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful experience. The owner, Brian, is as good as they come. An absolute class act.
If you're driving past Comfort, and you're not staying at the Faust, you're missing an opportunity at a potential life experience. You won't regret it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jason C
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Hotel Faust is a little gem in the heart of Comfort, TX, one of the best towns to get away to, or start a new life in! The hotel is immaculate with eclectic interiors and friendly staff that must wake up smiling. Reasonable rates, but reserve months ahead. Hotel Faust is an excellent weekend get-away secret.

The small town of Comfort is charming and feels like your a character in a TMC movie. Great shops, bars and delicious homemade food at High's Cafe. The Chicken Pot Pie is heavenly with a tall glass of sweet tea. Go for one of their awesome desserts!

A stroll down the main High Street will take you past the Barber Shop that sometimes has a live musical group playing country music and a broad range of popular tunes. The barber and owner is a tall Texan to boot, with a wall of cowboy hats inside.

Visit the adorable and well cared for library for a step back in time... the smell of books neatly displayed on gorgeous wooden shelves will stir childhood memories. Comfort is also a wonderful place to go "antique-ing" where vintage one of a kind treasures wait for you to bring home.

Real Estate is incredibly affordable in Comfort (for now) with picture perfect cottage homes, front porches, and pretty flower gardens.

Best off-site activity, is to visit Singing Waters Vineyard and do the tasting. Who knew Texans could grow grapes and make good wine? They do! Take home some of their salted peanuts... scrumptious!

Room Tip: Reserve dates months in advance!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I highly recommend Faust Hotel in Comfort. It's a beautiful historic hotel with rustic simplicity and plenty of peace and quiet. We had a great hill country weekend and will definitely come back again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple