“Great Relaxing Base while in Comfort Area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comfort
Meyer Bed and Breakfast on Cypress Creek
Ranked #3 of 5 Comfort B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Stayed here for a weekend to get some R&R and check out things in the Comfort area. I didn't know what to think based on the website - so many different rooms, buildings, etc. but it is carried off very well. We stayed in the Creekside Cottage - it was one of the (if not the) most expensive rooms on the property, and that was my initial hesitation, but it was absolutely worth it. This particular room is in a standalone building ("cottage") with a sitting room (that we didn't even know about - great surprise), ample sized room with bed, and huge bathroom and screened in porch. This place looks even better than what's in the pictures. We loved the house, the solitude, the quietness of the property, and the breakfast was fantastic. This room provides an unobstructed view of the creek from both the bedroom and porch, we spent a lot of time on the porch, got a lot of reading done - it was great. The food at breakfast was ample and really well presented. The bread pudding is really good - they have an interesting recipe of taking the leftover rolls, toast, etc. and mixing it together for an excellent taste. Staff were great, welcoming and very friendly - helped us with any requests immediately and always with a smile. Thanks for a great weekend, and I would recommend this place without any hesitation for couples, or groups, there was a wedding party there the same weekend, and plenty of space for them, never got loud, and ample space in the breakfast area for everyone. Compared to other places in Comfort this is higher priced, but absolutely worth it. I hope to stay here again sometime soon.

Room Tip: The standalone houses/cottages may be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel_Reviewer20

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Some friends said.... "Take the long way home" so we did, and it took us through Comfort TX and to the Meyers B&B.
It was fun, quite, and totally enjoyable stay. We stayed in the Julia Ellenberger House on the first floor and great views of the creek and grounds.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Meyer B&B is situated in a small town that we don't normally think of as a place to go but we are so glad we did! Meyer has much history with great surroundings. Our room was large, clean and well appointed. Several different types of rooms to select from with a varied price range. Well managed and responsive to any needs you may have. The breakfast each morning was good down home cooking! And wild game is always around the grounds (mostly deer and long horn cattle) In a good location just a block from the main part of town which has quaint shops and restaurants. Very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

View from room was great and the pool was perfect. Walk along the creek or swing in one of the many swings. Lots of deer and clear cool spring water makes a nice evening. Several antique shops just a short walk away.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I'm always trying to find a quiet spot along a river or creek for a retreat...and Meyer B&B is just the place! I just returned from a solo retreat this past weekend (Memorial weekend) and I was so sad to leave. They were completely booked Saturday and Sunday nights, but there were many times if felt like I had the place to myself. I stayed in one of the two rooms in the Gaust Haus and the only time I heard my neighbors was in the morning when they were in their covered porch and I sat outside eating breakfast under their room. Most of the time, it felt like I had the whole house to myself. Can't wait to go back in the fall when it's a little cooler!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Been to Meyer Bed and Breakfast on Cypress Creek? Share your experiences!