“DISAPPOINTED THIS TIME”
Review of Katz's Deli

Katz's Deli
Ranked #76 of 287 Restaurants in Conroe
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Returned after almost 3 years told. A friend ordered the omelette w/all these vegetables. Omelet looked good, but the vegetables were raw, which I found very strange. ... it came with potato pancakes which were HORRIBLE and a bagel, which was okay.

My husband and I ordered the half turkey sandwich with matzoh ball soup and the turkey was okay ... my husband said that the soup was okay too.

We called when we got home to say that we had horrible indigestion from I assume the potato pancake, and asked them what the spices were. She said no idea..that it is not made there.

If this is a REAL deli, then everything would be prepared there .. not planning on ever returning.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (126)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was excellent! The servers were attentive to our party of 15 and the food was delicious! I had the 1/2 sandwich (salmon on rye) & matzoh ball soup. Hubby had the Rueben & fries, & the hummus appetizer was super creamy too! The chocolate eruption cake did not disappoint either! Will definitely return!

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 25 May 2021

I recently Katz’s Deli on a business trip. I dud not pre-order but just stopped in. Service was very slow. Ordered a French Dip sandwich. It came with chips. The total cost was over $22. Compared to other delis (like Jasons), I got about half as much meat on the sandwich as I had from other delis and cost over twice as much. This seemed extremely overpriced. The amount of chips were very small, and soggy. With all the other restaurant choices near by, I expected more for my money.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

Open 24/7, OMG, in love.

Still in COVID mode and very much appreciated.

The staff was wonderful.

OMG, the Menu was full blown NY treats with breakfast two, the agony i only have one stomach.
The prices were on par.

They bring out pickles and pickles to start. Hmm good.

Hmmm,

Got the chicken and waffles and 2 Kountry Club (skinny and medium).

The chicken and waffles were great, a large chicken breast and good amount of waffles.

The clubs were very good, a little dry but nothing more russian dressing or mayo could fix.
Both a mouthfull and great flavors.

The french fries were very good the onion rings ok.

Room for dessert, well, pulled the trigger on the bread pudding.
The pudding was very good.

This place is dangerous, glad it is not near my home.

A must visit.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Hank956
Reviewed 2 March 2021

We went to get take out today, a corn beef reuben and a pastrami reuben, and the fried pickles as an app.

We though the pastrami was better than the corn beef (each of us having traded one-half of our sandwich to the other). Both of us were surprised at the meager amount of cheese on the sandwiches ... a solitary slice split right between the halves - the sandwiches would have benefited from more cheese for being $12 sandwiches.

The fried pickles, on the other hand, were fabulous.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Swimfins

Been to Katz's Deli? Share your experiences!