All reviewsother guestsour honeymooncoffee pota wonderful stayrooms were very cleangulfikemicrowave
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

With this place you get a mixed bag of good things and not so good things. The lady who runs this is very nice and the breakfast was very good. This place is in need of a lot of repairs. It is over grown to the point where you don't have clear walk ways to your rooms. We had a nice jacuzzi in our room but not a regular shower so you have to wash your hair in the Jacuzzi. There is a somewhat of an out side shower where I opted to shower at night. There are broken down golf carts and lawn mowers sitting around the property. We had a window unit for an AC which had to run on high the whole time to keep it comfortable. I think for 200 dollars a night during a non holiday time you could do better.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bcbax6061
Carole H, Owner at Out by the Sea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Hello Bruce I remember you well, we had an extended breakfast together of fresh homemade blueberry waflfes and sausage.
You were offered a late check-out in the afternoon.
I asked how you found everything and you offered no complaints. When asked how you slept you said well. The a/c unit keeps the room very cool.
The Honeymoon suite you speak of is in a private building with only 2 rooms, so a/c units are needed. There was an option when you booked your room to have a jacuzzi with a shower but you opted for the large jacuzzi with no shower. Yes, my lawn mowers are outside in the back of the property waiting for the repairman who is scheduled to arrive next week. Most guests love all the flowers and the overgrown look that makes it tropical. May I suggest that next time you choose to stay on our peninsula you rent a vacation home which should only be $800 per night plus linen and deposits.There is also an inexpensive motel on the highway that may appeal to you. Perhaps that would better meet your needs. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER AND BE BLESSED.
Out By The Sea!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We had a great time at "Out by the Sea" at Crystal Beach. Our room had everything we needed, a frig, a microwave and even a coffee pot. So clean and comfy. We loved waking up to a wonderful breakfast around a huge dining table and meeting the other guests. The owner Carole Hamadey is the perfect hostess and so interesting to talk to. She made us feel so welcome. Even signed her published book "Surviving the Terror...Ike. We will be back someday sweet Carole (the woman who never sleeps and is always trying to make every second perfect for everyone)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Carole H, Owner at Out by the Sea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Mr. and Mrs. Sims,
It was my pleasure having you both as guests!
Thanks so much for the lovely review! Carole

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I just want to say that my baby shower at the B&B was delightful. We used the downstairs portion. I stayed in the upstairs honeymoon sweet the room was perfict. The lady that runs the place is so sweet and accommodating, all I had to do is ask and she pointed me in the right direction. The flowers and garden area was so big and smelled so good on the spring breeze.
I and my family and friends had such a wonderful time. Thank you out by the sea bead and breakfast for making it the most wonderful event ever!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The B&B looks attractive on the Internet, but reality is different. Imagine that your grandparents had purchased a place a block from the beach, furnished it and planted nice bushes and flowers. Then they passed away and nobody had the time or inclination to pay attention to the place. Then you returned 10 years later and found the furniture dirty, the place in need of paint, vines over growing walkways, and clutter everywhere. That is the impression we got on checking in. The room was small, a jacuzzi tub present, but theshower is an old plastic tube that one connects to the faucet. We didn't feel comfortable bathing there. We tried to freeze ice cubes, but the freezer portion of the refrigerator was iced over, not having been cleaned in a long time. The false wood floor was chipped and peeling. There is only a limited ocean view, due to trees and houses in the way. Breakfast is in the owner's kitchen, a space cluttered with junk jewelry for sale and other personal items. We didn't stay a second night. In our opinion, the rate charged is outrageous, and one is asked to pay up front. The hostess is polite and kind, but it is suggested that she needs some serious help to clean and upgrade this potentially pleasant spot.

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John P
Carole H, Owner at Out by the Sea Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Wow! This surprises me! The view is lovely, there are no homes that block the view, there are a few palm trees. The room was clean, and the small freezer had ice in it. The very large jacuzzi does have a spray option on it, that simply removes, they may not have realized this. While it is difficult to please all guests we do try very hard to make everyones stay a great experience. I do wish if they had found anything troublesome that they could have discussed it. I always discuss the B&B experience at breakfast and I do value the feedback from my guests. Owning this B&B has been a wonderful experience made possible by the wonderful guests that choose to stay here.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I came to de stress at the beach and stayed longer than planned
My greatest joy was relaxing on the deck while drinking my morning coffee
I not only enjoyed Caroles company but fell in love with Dinky the dog
I will be back!