“Stick with the Pancakes!”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #163 of 3,897 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Mon-Fri 6:30am to 2:30pm Sat 6:30am to 3:30pm Sun 7:00am to 4:00pm
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We ate here over the weekend - its right down the street from the Intercontinental Hotel. Had great reviews so we figured lets give it a try. I had the 2X2X3 combo which was 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs and 3 pancakes. Can't beat the price too. I also ordered the orange juice which was freshly squeezed and delicious (expensive but delicious!) Excellent choice. The only thing I can ding on the pancakes was that the syrup was very runny - almost watered down like.. It tasted good but Im used to thick syrup. Now I can't vouch for any other meals except the eggs Benedict which both my wife and daughter ordered. The hollandaise sauce was absolutely horrible and not edible. I don't think they made it there and plus the smothered basically half the plate with it... (SEE PICTURES) Do Not Order the Eggs Benedict - or if you do ask for a sampling of the sauce first.... The bacon they served was excellent too. Service first rate. So I guess the moral to this review is - you go to a pancake house for pancakes... not the other meals... If I was rating the pancakes it would have been 5 stars.

2  Thank Jon M

A TripAdvisor Member
Plainview, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The gluten free pancakes were wonderful! We had great service and everyone enjoyed their meal! The fresh squeezed orange juice was a major bonus!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Whenever we travel to Dallas, we always eat at the Original Pancake House. They seat you where you want without a hassle and the Service is second to none. Fluffy Omelets and Pancakes, eggs fried to perfection, freshly squeezed Orange Juice and Country gravy make for an outstanding breakfast experience. Did I mention the generous portion sizes. You will leave fully satisfied and a Doggy Bag. Slightly on the pricey side and well worth it. 3 adults cost $65.00 including the tip.

1  Thank Leonard Y
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I had a western cheddar omlette, asked the to use 2 eggs instead of 4. It was perfect size for a hungry hefty guy that way, and I have never tasted better. The pancakes were light & delicious. Tate M served me, and he was friendly, efficient, and and attentive. Ask for him, you will get great service guaranteed.

1  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I enjoyed my meals. However, the weekends were just too busy and it was hard to get a table. I love the service and food.

1  Thank gwendolynkwilliams

Been to The Original Pancake House? Share your experiences!