“Went way downhill”

Budget Suites of America-Dallas
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dallas
Budget Suites of America-Dallas
Ranked #176 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 11 November 2014

I stayed here about 2 years ago. It was very nice, the grounds were kept clean and it was so quiet! Now there are children running wild and yelling unti well after midnight, some of the chilren are as young as 2 yrs old. There are 2 men who live across from us, or so management says, normally there are 10 to 17 young men partying right outside the room all night every night. On average I call the office 5 times a night then I resort to calling the police. Last night the police did find one of these young men sitting outside rolling a joint! He was arrested but he is already back. They claim to have a 10pm curview but there are people out at all hours smoking pot or something else out of glass pipes. It is amazing how rapidly this place has went down hill. Two years ago it was so nice and quiet and the neighbors respected each other; now it is totally "The Ghetto" where a few young men ruin it for every one else and even the manager is afraid to deal with him. It is a damn shame that people who need a clean, quiet, inexpensive place to stay cannot stay here any longer! We have been able to save enough that we can move on 12-01-14 but I do feel so sorry for the little ones who run aroung here barefoot, living 5 to 7 per 1 bedroom apartment and are locked out of their rooms when their Mother is bust smoking crack or turning a trick!!

Bottom line; never, EVER stay at this place!!

Room Tip: Make sure you go in the room and smell. Most rooms smell so strong of cat urine it burns your eyes!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Kristene A

Reviewed 22 September 2014

The staff, especially the manager Adam,are horrible! They had bed bugs in the couch that ravished me daughter. I insisted they remove the couch immediately. He refused.I informed them I would do it myself if they did not. The assistant manager was nice enough to remove it.The gm then tried to blame us for the bugs, we had only been there 11 hours. I had to clean the entire room because it was so gross. I understand they may feel no need for customer service but even people with little choices deserve service and respect. The gm is a HORRIBLE human being!!! It is bad business to let such an evil, rude person represent your company. Intown Suites is smaller and cost a little more but its clean and they offer d service.

• Stayed: September 2014
6  Thank Stana H
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This place could really use some upgrades. What few upgrades they have they charge you for. Soon your room that starts at $209 a week soon becomes nearly $250 weekly. They need to put new carpet in many of the rooms. Although the maintenance staff are very friendly and doo the best they can with what resources they have. Also the front desk staff seem nice enough. They were really good about notifying me when I had a package. The location is great. Near many restaurants and right on the hiway. Near lots of shopping period!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've been at the budget suites for about a week the front desk staff is rude and disrespectful they don't like when you confront them about issues I payed to upgrade my room with the TV & the microwave.the person that obviously stayed in the room before I did try to steal the TV because the TV was hangin of them out they had the maintenance man coming to fix my phone and not my TV.they kept telling me that the manager was going to get in contact with me margarita the lady never called to see where customers concerns was everytime I call the front desk to talk to the ladies at the front desk they're always rude and speak with such aggressive tone. the best thing to do at this ghetto spot if to stay clear because they will put you out without giving you your money back.I would give this budget suites 1 star and report them to the Better Business Bureau..

• Stayed: November 2013
7  Thank NoBudgets
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The young lady at the front desk Shylisa was amazingly professional, so pleasantly friendly and lighting fast at handling long lines. The Security/Maintenance staff was freindly and helpful. This location has under gone visiable-( property-clean ) and personality changes since my last stay here two years ago.....Bravo !!!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family