“New Favorite Sushi”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Flora
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Celebrated with family. Greeted promptly at the door. Dinner was delicious. The white seaweed salad was flavorful. The sashimi and nigiri was top notch. This is my new favorite sushi place in dallas. We had the musu-b, fried shrimp, soba, risotto with crab and sea urchin. There wasn't anything we didn't like. Service was friendly but lagged in quality and was a bit slow. We received our first appetizer before our cocktails. Go early because they ran out of some of the popular items. It was interesting because they did a last call for dessert while we were still eating dinner. This place is pricey and a special occasion place.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and daughter love Japanese and they go to great lengths to find the best wherever we go.
Wife says that this is not only the best in Dallas but one of the best in the World.
I'm not such a Japanese fan but was able to find an excellent lunch here.
Very fresh fish, amazing preparation Uni etc.
We went 3 times during our visit and I have no doubt that when we return in august we will be straight to Tei An!

1  Thank Dogontour
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The setting is really nice so first impression is great. Menu looks authentic and interesting. Sushi is ok but expensive for what you get. Ramen, unfortunately, is a big disappointment. Japanese ramen is so yummy, the ramen here feels and tastes a bit prepackaged ready made. There is no depth to the flavor and the toppings are uninspiring. Very disappointing. What saves this place from getting a 2 rating is the nice decor of the restaurant and good service.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

A pretty restaurant with a friendly and very professional staff. Food comes quickly and is the freshest of the fresh. Won't find a lot of funky sushi roll choices, just the freshest fish of the day. However, creative cuisine too, pasta and noodle dishes using spare ribs, flavorful rice. Spa like music conducive to a relaxing meal experience. Easy in valet parking, validated. Highly recommend.

1  Thank CanyonFairways
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Loved the Tempura at this place, the perfect way to get things started, then my husband and I shared some Wagyu beef that literally melted in the mouth. Great noodles served very fresh. I consider myself a noodle snob and were great noodles.