“Authentic Japanese Soba Noodle House”
Review of Tei An

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Flora
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Tei-An is an authentic Japan soba noodle house featuring a diverse menu of Japanese specialties unavailable elsewhere. The service is impeccable, very attentive, prompt, and polite. The dining ambience is well-suited for any occasion and great for conversation.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Everything about this meal was wonderful - the server was so respectful and made great recommendations, the food was phenomenal, and dessert was delicious. I'll be back the next time I'm in Dallas!

1  Thank Amy Q
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Have dined here 3 times. First 2 were great. Third had a problem. However everyone can have an off night. The food has always been outstanding. Great noodles which is what they are know for. Have always had a a reservation and were greeted and promptly seated at the bar - which is not what you are thinking. It is a dinner bar with a beautiful water feature in the center. Waitstaff has always been knowledgeable. The last time I think they were just having an off night. Were there 45 minutes and had only been served 1 of our appetizers. I talked to the manager and he promptly apologized. He served us complimentary champagne, but then served the main course and the 2nd appetizer and a complimentary salad all at the same time. I had informed him we were not attending a performance and NOT in a hurry. Would have just liked to have our order served in the order we wanted it. I know they were trying "too" hard to please us. Will definitely return as the food is outstanding. Every dish we have ordered was good. REALLY good shrimp tempura & tuna tartar.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Celebrated with family. Greeted promptly at the door. Dinner was delicious. The white seaweed salad was flavorful. The sashimi and nigiri was top notch. This is my new favorite sushi place in dallas. We had the musu-b, fried shrimp, soba, risotto with crab and sea urchin. There wasn't anything we didn't like. Service was friendly but lagged in quality and was a bit slow. We received our first appetizer before our cocktails. Go early because they ran out of some of the popular items. It was interesting because they did a last call for dessert while we were still eating dinner. This place is pricey and a special occasion place.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and daughter love Japanese and they go to great lengths to find the best wherever we go.
Wife says that this is not only the best in Dallas but one of the best in the World.
I'm not such a Japanese fan but was able to find an excellent lunch here.
Very fresh fish, amazing preparation Uni etc.
We went 3 times during our visit and I have no doubt that when we return in august we will be straight to Tei An!

1  Thank Dogontour