“Awesome from start to finish”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,164 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Young
Reviewed 17 July 2018

From the moment we sat down our server Lindsay made us feel special and welcome. After she told us all about the menu and the options my husband commented “wow she’s amazing memorizing all of that, and the delivery was exceptional”
I started off with the lobster bisque and even my daughters liked it, it was really good.
We don’t eat much so we ordered the 22 oz ribeye to share among my husband an I and our 15 year old daughter. Lindsay suggested ordering a potato each and she would have the chef slice the steak and serve it family style, I was so impressed by not only the willingness to accommodate but go above and beyond.
The steak was juicy and flavorful, my daughter and I had the skillet potato and my husband had the smashed garlic both were awesome, my daughter ordered some ranch to dip hers in after a brief second of mortification, I giggled to myself and thought (well at least she didn’t order ketchup for the steak). For our veggie we ordered the Brussel sprouts which were likely deep fried and a bit greasy and overly crisp for our liking.
Our younger daughter ordered the Mac n cheese and asked for no blu cheese on top, she loved it. I think the infamous carrot is a love it or leave it kinda thing, I left it my husband loved it but it’s a tiny part of the meal either way. Without a doubt I would recommend this place,

1  Thank acaswell01

Reviewed 16 July 2018

A steakhouse where you can tell they pay great attention to the meat they serve.

My steak was absolutely the greatest, juicy and tasty, served at the right temperature and cooked to my liking. It came with a standard baked potato. The carrot on the plate was almost a plate killer, the glaze was empowering and too sweet. (if the steak would have been just average, the carrot would have killed the plate). I was there with a party of 7 and we all seemed to think that the carrot was too much. Items prices are not cheap but fairly priced for the quality of what you get.

The service was phenomenal,Jen S. our server was incredible. She was constantly directing the assistant-servers to cater to our need. (Water and wine glasses were kept full)

I would go back but swap the carrot for something else.

1  Thank JackQcCanada
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Alright, if you’ve never had a Chateaubriand, do so, and try it here. It was off the charts.

Additionally, our waiter Brian and the staff went out of their way to make our rare date night without children exceptional. Seamless service and execution. We certainly appreciated the complimentary surprises. We will absolutely return.

On the kindergarten level grading system, Bob’s receives a check plus, plus, Impressive!

Please see the attached photograph for a graphical representation of what it is like to bring two toddlers to Bob’s. (Taken on our previous visit)

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Located in the beautiful Omni Hotel, the restaurant offers a romantic dim ambiance. The lobster bisque was eloquently made generously offering the lobster taste. Their special tuna tower was delightful and light. Their steak was seasoned to perfection. My highlight dessert was their key lime pie.

1  Thank LucyMart1213
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

They seem to go out of their way to make us feel welcome and accommodate my request for a booth in the bar so I can do my people watching. The food without a doubt is some of the best in Dallas and that goes for every Bob’s location.

Been to Bob's Steak & Chop House? Share your experiences!