“Interesting Avocado Margarita - Outstanding Carne Asada”
Review of MesoMaya

MesoMaya
Reserve with OpenTable
MesoMaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 4,163 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Native American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Forest Lane
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Had to try the avocado margarita. Interesting. May need to try it again. I think it might be an acquired taste.

I had a salmon dish served with brussel sprouts. Very different experience for a mexican restaurant.

My husband ordered the carne asada which was outstanding.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

This Mexican restaurant is a neighborhood spot obviously popular with locals because it was rocking and completely full by 7 pm on a Wednesday night. But it was so noisy that I could barely hear my waitress. This spot has a minimalist interior, a full bar, and very attentive employees that are always checking on patrons and their needs. The Pozole Verde soup is superior and addictive and the green corn tamales are delicious. I was disappointed in the Cochinita pibil, not because the pork was so tender and juicy, but because it was not flavorful, which is typical of this dish when I have enjoyed it elsewhere. However, it is served with a hot sauce that will torch your tonsils and leave you smouldering. Their salsa is equally bland. But their flan is very rich and nicely presented as were all their dishes.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

I have been here several times for girls lunches. Good menu selection, good food, and the staff is not bothered by a long lingering lunch.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

The MesoMaya was excellent. The people were so friendly. We felt so welcomed as the manager, Fernando (I hope I got this right, sorry if I didn't, because you are the best) delivered to our table complimentary avocado tortilla appetizers because we were first time visitors. He checked with us 3 times as to whether we were satisfied. We all enjoyed the selections we ordered as everything was freshly made and delicious. When we were leaving, he met us at the door and thanked us for visiting MesoMaya.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Wonderful food, very tasting. Dessert was just OK. But fun environement, very popluar with the local.