“Utterly fresh and delicious”

Yutaka Sushi Bistro
Ranked #494 of 4,084 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Went with my dh on Friday night to Yutaka at the recommendation of a colleague at a seminar. We arrived about 7 and waited less than ten minutes to be seated. Tiny place, only seats 39! But the sushi was so fresh and delicious!! Tried salmon nigiri and this salmon was buttery and sweet! Had beef tatami wagyu beef, again so well prepared and enjoyable. My husband tried 2 different rolls and seaweed salad. All excellent. I found a gem in the pork dumplings that I think were off menu! The crowd seemed to be regulars and knew each other and the staff. Staff is friendly, efficient. We will eat here when in Dallas many times again!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We loved our meal at Yutaka! It is a small restaurant tucked away in a small shopping center but the sushi is first class! (They also have cooked items for those who don't do sushi.) I highly recommend it as alternative to the "bigger" sushi places. You can have a great meal without all the wait and fuss!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Yutaka is maybe my favorite Dallas sushi spot. It is in a small shopping center on McKinney close to downtown. It offers chef grade sushi and appetizers. It was founded by a former Nobu chef whom is originally from Tokyo and is extensively trained and experienced in the best restaurants out there.

I tried rolls, fresh fish, soups and appetizers and I am always glad I did.

It has limited hours and it is small. It is usually full to the brim so be sure to reserve a spot.

It isn't as expensive as Uchi, but it is just as good in my opinion in the item per item comparison. Uchi has a broader menu and many extravagant dishes that you may not find here, but Yutaka's intentions of fulfilling a great authentic Japanese restaurant here are fully met!

Don't ask for light soy sauce and don't dunk sushi in soy. This is not that kid of place. Food comes out great as is.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

I just recently learned of this place a couple of months ago after friends took us there to celebrate a birthday. I was blown away, especially since I wasn't even aware the place existed. I can say without a doubt that this is the best sushi I've ever had in or out of Dallas. The skill and care taken in delivering each plate are at the highest level, and every bit of sushi, sashimi or rolls are comprised of the freshest ingredients. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. As a bonus, they have a nice sake selection. When I went back the second time, the sushi was just as great as the first time; the only negative was that the fried shishito peppers greatly disappointed; they were greasy and lacked any crispiness; evidently, the oil did not get to the proper temperature. But that small disappointment was more than compensated for by the wonderful sushi. This place is not cheap by any means, but the quality is unsurpassed. If budget were never a concern, I would be eating here at least once a week!

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Just go, order and enjoy! It's a nice place in the middle of Uptown and it clashes well with the nearby bars- genuine crew, genuine food- you're welcome!