“Great hotel staff, well appointed room, and great bar!”

The Westin Dallas Park Central
Ranked #6 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a SPG Platinum member, I often try to have repeat stays at hotels that really stand out, and this Westin is certainly in that category. The bar is beautiful (and the unique drinks are great), rooms are well appointed (and very large), and the staff is great. I want to recognize Anthony at the front desk specifically--in two separate stays, he has gone above / beyond to ensure I had a pleasant experience. In my first stay, the club lounge was closed, and Anthony took personal time to work some magic with the kitchen to get me much needed coffee / yogurt that morning. On my second day, I had asked for a room with a downtown view after initially having a different room, and he took time to not only get me bigger room, but one with a great view where I could be comfortable as winter weather comes into the area. Thank you Anthony for being so accommodating and patient, and extending a human being focus to ensure I have a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of downtown--it's worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We were there for a four long-day seminar...stuck in the hotel. Service was great from the front desk to room service. Food was surprisingly good. And Tony the bartender was a life saver. GOOD JOB ALL

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My recent stay at the Westin Dallas Park Central was fantastic. Most importantly: (1) my room was quiet, (2) my room was comfortable, and (3) the staff were super helpful/friendly. In particular, Younnis (sp?) at the check-in desk was highly efficient; Ferdosa in the main restaurant was especially helpful during breakfast; and my check-out with Fernanda at the front desk was easy. Great job everyone!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Hi everyone,
I had the opportunity to spend one week in December in this hotel. Here is an overview on what I did like and what can be improved on the hotel.

Let's start with the good points:
the welcome at the front desk was very nice, the lady even explained me everything in French without waiting me to ask her, that was very kind of her.
the room is well organized, not as big as in the Embassy suites, but very reasonable
the breakfast is exiquisite and the team very helpful
the system with the parking is great, I also find teh exit much safer than at the Embassy suites
The plug in the room had some usb chargers, I just love that!
The bathroom was good, same for the bath products
there is a fitness room and a swimming pool but I could not test it

The points that can be improved:
The green choice seemed to be a good idea: no cleaning team is coming in your room and you get points or voucher to eat/drinkin the hote.l I missed at least on two days my card, on the third day I had to go to the front desk to get my credit. The lack of good execution sounded like that was savings plan from hotel management at the cost of the hotel labour and customer , I will not do it again. This "green choice" is really close to what we call "green washing".
No traditional burger on the in-room service menu, I still cannot believe that (I survived it though :))

Overall I would advise anyone to go there, just do not use the "green choice", you will do good to the nice people working in this hotel. The Westin is definitely a beautiful and pleasant hotel, definitely one of the best in this neighbourhood.

Kind regards,
L.

Room Tip: the higher it is, the better the view :)
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I have spent significant time at this property in 2017 and is my home away from home. The hotel is well kept but it's the staff that sets this Westin apart from other Starwood properties in Dallas. Special shouts out to Anthony and Eunice at the front desk who ensure my reservations are updated and rooms ready, to Austin and Jeff at the bar and remember I like bourbon, and Denise who is the switchboard operator who never fails to say "hello and welcome back Ms. Bernstein" every time.

I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business